Keep your diet going this holiday season with a delicious Protein Gingerbread Cake! This healthy Christmas dessert recipe is packed with seasonal flavor, made with simple ingredients, and super easy to make right in your food processor or blender.
For this one all you’re going to need is either a food processor or blender and a cake pan. If you don’t have a food processor or blender, here’s a link to the food processor I’ve been using and recommend.
Add right into your food processor or blender 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats and process or blend it until it looks like flour!
On top of your flour add 1/2 cup of unsweetened milk substitute, 1 large whole egg, 1 large egg white, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/8 cup of sugar free syrup, 3/4 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice, 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, 1/2 a banana, 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, 4 scoops of a vanilla protein powder, 1/3 cup of your choice sweetener, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 4 teaspoons of light brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons of molasses.
Process or blend everything together until your protein gingerbread cake mix is smooth.
Take out at least a 10” cake pan, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, and add your mix into your pan.
Pro tip? Top your protein gingerbread cake with some nuts, chocolate chips, crushed up graham crackers, and so on before the oven.
Put your cake into the oven on 375F/190C for around 15-20 minutes.
Remove your cake from the oven, let it cool, and optionally top it! Some of my favorite toppings?
- Pieces of a protein bar
- Whipped cream/topping
- Crushed up graham crackers
- One of our Protein Frosting Recipes
Let us know some of your favorite healthy seasonal toppings in the comments below!
Protein Gingerbread Cake
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 ½ Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 4 Scoops Protein Powder - Vanilla
- ⅓ Cup Sweetener
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 Teaspoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 1 Large Egg White
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 4 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Molasses
- ⅛ Cup Syrup - Sugar Free
- ½ Banana
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Blend or process your Rolled Oats until they look like flour
- Combine all of your ingredients into either a food processor or large bowl
- Process or mix everything together until smooth
- Take out at least a 10’’ cake pan, coat it with non-stick cooking spray, and pour your mix in
- Bake on 375F/190C for 15-20 minutes
- Calories: 1379
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 1272mg
- Carbs: 173g
- Fiber: 19g
- Sugar: 75g
- Protein: 129g