We’re on the road to creating everything and anything in our Slow Cooker. Today that road continues with these super easy and macro friendly Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes!
Start by heating up around a tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat in a pan on your stovetop. Once that heats up you’re gonna add in 1 chopped up green bell pepper, 1 chopped up red bell pepper, 1/2 a chopped up onion, and 2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
You can choose to add in other vegetables but this is usually my choice for these slow cooker sloppy joes. Let those cook for a couple minutes.
After a couple minutes add in 2 pounds of a lean ground beef or turkey. Cook that until browned, making sure to break it up while doing this. If you’re using a lean enough meat there’s a high chance you won’t need to drain it. From my experience, you won’t need to drain it if you use a lean enough meat.
If there does happen to be a lot of liquid leftover from using a fattier meat, you’ll probably want to drain it a bit!
Slow Cooker Time
Take out your slow cooker, optionally line it to speed dishwashing up, and add that mix in. Follow that mix with 1 can of a low sodium tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic seasoning, 1/4 cup of ketchup, 4 tablespoons of a tomato paste, 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 teaspoons of mustard, a little black pepper, and a little salt.
Mix all of those ingredients together! Hungry yet? Throw your lid on and let your slow cooker sloppy joes cook on low for 4 hours. After 4 hours I usually finish by portioning mine out into however many servings I’m shooting for.
What will you throw your sloppy joes into? Let me know in the comments below! Depending on my macros for that day, I’ll usually either go:
- Low carb wrap
- Delicious bun
- SLOPPY JOES SALAD!
- Lettuce wrap
Try our delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu next!
Protein PACKED Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- ½ Onion Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2 Pounds Lean Ground Beef or Turkey (I used 96/4) 32 Ounces
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce Low Sodium 15 Ounces/425g
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Seasoning
- 4 Tablespoons Ketchup Look for low sugar 68g
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste 66g
- 2 Tablespoons Honey 42g
- 2 Teaspoons Mustard 10g
- Black Pepper
- Heat up your Olive Oil in a pan on Medium Heat
- Chop and cook your Bell Peppers, Onion, and Garlic in that pan for a couple minutes
- Add in and brown your Beef or Turkey
- Drain your Beef or Turkey mixture if you didn’t use a lean meat
- Throw a liner in your slow cooker for easy cleanup (if you have them)
- Add all of your ingredients including your meat mixture into your slow cooker
- Mix everything together
- Put your slow cooker on Low Heat for 4 hours
- Calories: 1726
- Fat: 50g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Sodium: 2934mg
- Carbs: 115g
- Fiber: 16g
- Sugar: 71g
- Protein: 204g
- Calories: 215
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Sodium: 366.7mg
- Carbs: 14.3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 8.8g
- Protein: 25.5g