Seasonal cravings got you down? Try our Protein Pumpkin Bread! This high protein bread recipe is packed with seasonal flavor, super easy to make, and a great healthier alternative to pumpkin bread!
I’m using a food processor to make this recipe but a blender or even just a regular mixing bowl will work too.
If you’re not using either a food processor or blender, make sure you turn your rolled oats into oat flour prior to adding them in.
Add right into whatever you’re using 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 12 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1 large whole egg, 2 large egg whites or 6 tablespoons of liquid egg whites, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice, 2 cups of pumpkin puree, 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, 1/3 cup of your choice sweetener, 4 scoops of a vanilla protein powder, 4 tablespoons of flaxseed meal, 3 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
Did you know that coconut flour is a great source of fiber with 5 grams for every 60 calories?
Process, blend, or mix everything together while occasionally scraping down the sides. You’ll know it’s done when your protein pumpkin bread mix is smooth.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
*Double or triple this recipe as needed and store whatever you have leftover for next time!
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger & Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Allspice & Cloves
Take out 2 bread pans for a thin bread or 1 for a thicker bread and coat them/it with some non-stick cooking spray.
Pour your mix in and top it with some nuts, raisins, sprinkles, or sugar free chocolate chips like I did today! Let us know what you topped yours with in the comments below.
Put your bread into the oven on 325F/162C for around 25-30 minutes or until your bread passes the toothpick test.
What’s the toothpick test? When you insert a toothpick into the middle of your bread and it comes out clean.
Remove your protein pumpkin bread from the oven, let it cool, cut it into 12 slices, and top your slice.
Healthy Bread Topping Ideas
- Fat free cream cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Protein Frosting
- Cottage cheese with ground cinnamon
- Chocolate Protein Spread
Keep your seasonal cravings going with some of our Protein Pumpkin Pancakes!
Protein Pumpkin Bread
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- 12 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 4 Scoops Protein Powder - Vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- ⅓ Cup Sweetener
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 6 Tablespoons Liquid Egg Whites - or 2 Large Egg Whites
- 3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Combine all of your ingredients into a food processor
- Process everything together
- Take out 2 bread pans and coat them with some non-stick cooking spray
- Evenly distribute your mix into them
- Top your bread with whatever you want
- Bake on 325F/162C for 25-30 minutes
- Calories: 1464
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 1021mg
- Carbs: 134g
- Fiber: 63g
- Sugar: 39g
- Protein: 151g
- Calories: 122
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Carbs: 11.1g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Protein: 12.5g