The leaves are falling and that means there’s also a 99% chance that if you’re a Starbucks employee you hate the word and all things PUMPKIN by now! No, I’m not gonna order anything pumpkin today but I will show you how to make a delicious and macro friendly Pumpkin Protein Creme Brûlée!
Start this pumpkin protein creme brûlée with either a food processor or blender. The goal is to get your mix as smooth as possible.
Add into it 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree, 3 large egg yolks, 3 tablespoons of heavy cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of a sweetener, and 1 scoop of either vanilla or chocolate protein powder.
Process or blend everything together until smooth. This shouldn’t take more than a minute or two.
Take out a couple short ramekins and evenly distribute your protein creme brûlée mix into them.
Place those onto a baking pan or dish that’s taller than them and add hot water until it’s halfway up your ramekins.
Put your pumpkin protein creme brûlée in the oven on 325F/162C for around 25-30 minutes.
The first couple times you bake these, I’d suggest to keep an eye on them. As soon as the texture looks good, pull them out and remember how long they were in there.
The texture should be jiggly but not liquid and definitely not completely set like a cake.
Torch Your Brûlée
Sprinkle on a couple teaspoons of a brown sugar substitute and a sweetener.
Finish your protein creme brûlée off by taking out a kitchen torch and torching them until it forms a nice little crust on top. Remember to keep your torch moving so you don’t burn them!
If you like pumpkin recipes then you have to try out our Protein Pumpkin Bread next!
Pumpkin Protein Creme Brûlée
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ¼ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Large Egg Yolks
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Greek Yogurt - Your choice flavor
- ½ Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice - or Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetener
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Scoop Chocolate or Vanilla
- 1-2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar Substitute - For Topping (Sukrin Gold)
- 1-2 Teaspoons Sweetener - For Topping
- Mix everything together aside from your topping (Brown Sugar Substitute & Sweetener)
- Evenly distribute into 2 “short” ramekins
- Place those ramekins into a deep baking pan or dish
- Fill your pan or dish with hot water halfway up your ramekins
- Bake on 325F/162C for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from the oven
- Top them with your Brown Sugar Substitute & Sweetener
- Use a kitchen torch to “melt” your topping together
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated Fat: 7.5g
- Sodium: 99.5mg
- Carbs: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 20.5g
- Calories: 505
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 199mg
- Carbs: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 41g
Leave a Comment