The first two things that come to mind when I think of October are 1. Halloween and 2. PUMPKINS! Unfortunately biting into a pumpkin like an apple probably isn’t gonna be the most appetizing thing in the world (I’ve tried it…NOT WORTH IT). What IS it worth though is the low carb pumpkin bread we’re about to make so lets get to it!
Start by taking out a large bowl then add into it 3 large eggs (a little kitchen hack here is if you get a piece of shell use the big half of your shell to scoop it out, it’ll act like a magnet). Continue with 3 ounces of milk or milk substitute, 1/2 cup of coconut flour, 1 cup of almond flour, 2 scoops of my Baking Protein Powder that you can purchase in store/online at Vitamin Shoppe or Bodybuilding.com by clicking here, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1 cup of pure pumpkin, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/4 cup of a sweetener, 1 1/2 tablespoons of a sugar free syrup, 3 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 1/2 tablespoons of melted butter, and a pinch of salt.
Mix everything together ( use a hand mixer to make things easier)!
- Can Opener:
After it’s mixed it’ll turn out pretty thick so don’t worry! Next take out a bread dish or pan, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, add 3/4 of your mix into it, and smooth out the top.
Now we’re gonna stuff it so get another bowl and add into that one 4 tablespoons of a reduced fat or fat free cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of a sweetener, 1 large egg, 1/2 scoop of my Baking Protein Powder, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix everything together until it’s nice and smooth then pour that on top of your mix. Add the rest of your mix on top of that and do your best to close it in by spreading it around. Last bake it on 350F/176C for around 45-50 minutes or until the top has a nice golden brown color!
I don’t know about you guys but I usually spread cream cheese on top of my pumpkin bread anyways so having it stuffed inside is like some sort of weird fantasy of mine thats been fulfilled and now my part of me feels empty. Seriously though this bread is INSANE!!!
Here is the recipe for the bread:
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3 Ounces Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or Milk/Other Milk Substitute)
- 1/2 Cup (8 Tablespoons or 60g) Coconut Flour
- 1 Cup (112g) Almond Flour
- 2 Scoops (60g) The Protein Chef Baking Protein Powder (or Vanilla Protein Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Cup (122g) Pure Pumpkin
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Sweetener
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Syrup
- 3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- Pinch of Salt
Here is the recipe for the filling:
- 4 Tablespoons (120g) Fat Free Cream Cheese (or Reduced Fat)
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetener
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Scoop (15g) The Protein Chef Baking Protein Powder (or Vanilla Protein Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 1903
- Fat: 89g
- Saturated Fat: 30g
- Sodium: 1481mg
- Carbs: 111g = 73g NET CARBS!
- Fiber: 38g
- Sugar: 30g
- Protein: 142g
Calories in each piece (if you cut 10):
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 148.1mg
- Carbs: 11.1g = 7.3g NET CARBS!
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Sugar: 3.0g
- Protein: 14.2g
How to make:
- Mix together all of your Bread ingredients in a large bowl
- Coat a bread dish or pan with some non-stick cooking spray and pour 3/4 of your mix in
- Mix all of your Filling ingredients together in a bowl
- Evenly distribute your Filling over your mix
- Add the rest of your mix on top and spread it around
- Bake on 350F/176C for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown
- If you want more filling just double the filling recipe and add more layers!