HEY! Are you guys ready? Today we do something we’ve never done before…JALAPENO POPPER MEATBALLS!!! Not only are these balls delicious and really quick to prep but they’ll also explode in your…
In a bowl add 1 pound of your choice meat (today I’m using ground chicken), 1/4 cup of bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 1 large egg, and some chopped fresh or bottled jalapeño slices. Use your hand to mix everything together then take out another bowl and add into that one 3/4 cup of some reduced fat cheese, 3 ounces of cream cheese, and some more chopped jalapenos. Mix that up, it should be pretty thick.
Next, take out a baking sheet and shape them kind of into a circle with a large indent in the middle (use your thumb). In that indent add a ball of your cheese mix and gently shape your meat around your ball until it’s sealed off. Basically, it should look like a meatball. Repeat the process until all your balls are done then before the oven roll them in some bread crumbs or whatever else you want and coat them with some cooking spray.
Last, throw them in the oven on 350F/176C for around 20-25 minutes depending on the size of your balls.
I know I’ve said this before but these are definitely some of the best tasting balls you’ll ever eat. I usually just pair them with some pasta sauce or some salsa…they’re seriously that good!
Here is the recipe for the Meatballs:
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Meat (Chicken, Turkey, Beef, etc)
- 1/4 Cup (28g) Bread Crumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- Chopped Jalapeno Slices
- 3/4 Cup (84g) Reduced Fat Cheese
- 3 Ounces (90g) Cream Cheese (I use fat free)
- Chopped Jalapeno Slices
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 1158
- Fat: 54g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Sodium: 1304mg
- Carbs: 34g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 11g
- Protein: 134g
Calories in each meatball (if you make 6):
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6g
- Sodium: 217.3mg
- Carbs: 5.6g
- Fiber: .5g
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Protein: 22.3g
How to make:
- Mix all of your meatball ingredients together in one bowl and all of your filling ingredients together in another bowl
- Shape each ball into a “circle” and press an indent into the center of it
- Roll up some of your filling mix into a smaller ball and place that into the center of your meatball
- Shape your meat around your filling until it’s completely sealed off
- Roll each ball in some Bread Crumbs and then coat them with some cooking spray
- Place them in the oven on 350F/176C for around 20-25 minutes depending on the size of your balls
- Look for lower sodium alternative to all of your ingredients!