Alright so one of the most requested things I get is for quick meal ideas so today I’m gonna satisfy that request with some 10 minute CHICKEN QUESADILLAS! I think that’s all there is to say so lets dive right in…
First you need a rotisserie chicken. You could also use canned chicken or tuna but we’ll jump into that a little bit later. Now as soon you get your rotisserie chicken home you should peel it. Why? Because it’s a thousand times easier to peel when it’s still hot. Peeling a cold rotisserie chicken would be comparable to mowing a lawn without a lawn mower (it’s not fun or easy). Once peeled weigh out 8 ounces and put it off to the side. Next take out a pan big enough to fit a tortilla into, turn your burner on medium heat, and add in a little olive oil. Once that heats up take out a tortilla of your choice and place it into your pan. I like to press my tortilla down and move it around a bit to fully coat it with oil. After that take out 3/4 cup of reduced fat colby jack cheese or cheese of your choice and add half of that in as the bottom layer. On top of your cheese put your chicken, 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning mix, 6 tablespoons of salsa, 1 chopped up green pepper which if you prefer you can sauté beforehand, and the rest of your cheese. Close it off with a tortilla on top, and let it cook for around 5 minutes.
Once you see that the cheese has melted on the bottom add some olive oil on top of that tortilla, spread it around, and then flip it. Cook for another 5 minutes and remove it from the heat!
Andddddd there you have it, quick and high protein rotisserie chicken quesadillas that are absolutely delicious!!! Todays question for you guys? How much are rotisserie chickens where you live? Let me know in the comments below! Around here I can find them for around 4 or 5 bucks.
Here is the recipe:
- 8 Ounces Rotisserie Chicken (or Canned Tuna/Chicken)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tortillas
- 3/4 Cup Reduced Fat Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Taco Seasoning Mix
- 6 Tablespoons (90g) Salsa
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 976
- Fat: 40g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Sodium: 940mg
- Carbs: 62g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 92g
Calories in each slice (4 total):
- Calories: 244
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Sodium: 235mg
- Carbs: 15.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Protein: 23g
How to make:
- Peel and cut up your Rotisserie Chicken
- Take out a pan big enough for your Tortilla, turn your burner on Medium Heat, add in a little Olive Oil, and let it heat up
- After it heats up put your Tortilla in followed by your Cheese as the bottom layer, Chicken, Taco Seasoning Mix, Salsa, Bell Pepper that you’ll want to chop up, and last the rest of your Cheese
- Once the bottom layer melts, add a little Olive Oil on your top Tortilla, and flip it over
- Once that layer melts remove it from the heat
- Use canned tuna or chicken by mixing it together with your salsa and taco seasoning mix before adding it in!
- Use a lower calorie or carb tortilla!