Meal prep your spicy homemade bolognese for the week with this Sriracha Meat Sauce recipe! High in protein, easy to make, and goes great on almost anything.
All you’ll need for this one is a large stovetop pan that has a cover. If you don’t have one, here’s a link to the one I’ve been using for almost a decade and recommend.
Put your cover for the pan off to the side, turn your burner on medium heat, and add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil to your pan.
Once your pan heats up after a couple minutes you’ll want to brown 20 ounces (1 1/4 pounds) of a lean ground meat. I used 96/4 beef today but turkey and anything over 90/10 work great too!
How To Brown
To brown your meat all you need to do is cook it over medium heat while occasionally breaking/chopping it up until browned. Browning should take no longer than 5-10 minutes.
Turn your burner off after you’ve browned your meat, remove your pan from the heat, and drain any excess liquid from the pan. If you used a lean enough meat you may be able to skip this step.
Put your pan back onto the burner and turn your burner on high heat.
Add in and sauté 1 chopped up red onion into your browned meat. Keep this cooking for around 3-5 minutes or until your chopped onion pieces have a translucent color to them.
Turn your burner on low heat and mix in 1 jar (total weight below) of a traditional pasta sauce.
Finish with 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, and 10 teaspoons of a chili sauce.
Mix everything together good and put the cover on for 15-20 minutes on low heat.
Turn your burner off, pull your sauce off the heat, and dive in! Some of my favorite ways to eat this Sriracha meat sauce?
- Over quinoa, rice, or pasta
- In a tortilla or burrito
- With vegetables
Keep the diet and the spice with some Sriracha Chicken Nuggets next!
Sriracha Meat Sauce
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 ¼ Pounds Ground Beef - Lean (I used 96/4)
- 1 Jar Pasta Sauce - 23.5 Ounces Traditional No Salt Added
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic - 4 Cloves
- 10 Teaspoons Chili Sauce - Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion
- Chop up your Red Onion
- Take out a large stovetop pan that has a cover and turn your burner on Medium Heat
- Add in your Olive Oil and let that heat up
- Add in your Ground Beef and brown it
- Remove from the heat and drain if needed
- Turn your burner on High Heat
- Add in your Red Onion and cook it into your beef for 3-5 minutes or until your Red Onion is somewhat translucent
- Turn your burner on Low Heat and add in the rest of your ingredients
- Mix those together
- Put the cover on and let your meat sauce cook for 15-20 minutes
- Calories: 1235
- Fat: 47g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 1528mg
- Carbs: 92g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 45g
- Protein: 121g
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Sodium: 305.6mg
- Carbs: 16.4g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 24.2g