Slow Cooker Sunday is here and today we’re taking it back to breakfast with one of the most delicious slow cooker recipes to date! This Steel Cut Slow Cooker Cinnamon Buns recipe will make your mouth water and keep your macros happy!
Start by taking out your slow cooker and lining it with
Add into your slow cooker 1 1/2 cups of steel cut oats, 3 tablespoons of almond flour, 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon, 4 scoops of a vanilla protein powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, a little salt, 2 large beaten whole eggs, 6 cups of milk or milk substitute, 2 containers of a vanilla Greek yogurt, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
Go ahead and mix all of those up until most of your clumps are gone. This shouldn’t take more than 1-2 minutes.
Cinnamon Bun Time
Open up your favorite cinnamon bun dough. Preferably a lower sugar/lower calorie one and break up 2 or 3 them into your mix. Lightly mix those pieces in, pour a little sugar free syrup on top, cover your slow cooker, and cook it on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
After 3-4 hours your slow cinnamon buns should be almost done. Keep an eye on them every so often and make sure that they aren’t burning.
Here’s a couple of my tips for these slow cooker cinnamon buns:
- I usually portion this one out into 6 servings and each serving has over 30 grams of protein!
- It tastes great either cold or heated up in the microwave for a minute or two.
- If your macros will allow for it, top your dish with some cinnamon crunch cereal.
Every dessert needs a meal! Try our Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu next!
Steel Cut Slow Cooker Cinnamon Buns
- 1 ½ Cups Steel Cut Oats 264g
- 3 Tablespoons Almond Flour 21g
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Scoops Protein Powder Use a flavor that compliments the Cinnamon Bun Dough
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Salt Just a little!
- 2 Large Whole Eggs Beaten
- 6 Cups Milk Substitute or Milk 48 Ounces
- 2 Containers Greek Yogurt 300g
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Melted
- 2-3 Pieces Cinnamon Bun Dough
- Sugar Free Syrup
- Optionally line your slow cooker then add everything aside from your Cinnamon Bun Dough and Sugar Free Syrup into it
- Mix everything together until most of your clumps are gone
- Break apart your Cinnamon Bun Dough and lightly mix it in
- Top with your Sugar Free Syrup
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
- Calories: 2496
- Fat: 72g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Sodium: 2525mg
- Carbs: 270g (Net Carbs: 230g)
- Fiber: 40g
- Sugar: 38g
- Protein: 192g
- Calories: 416
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 420.8mg
- Carbs: 45g (Net Carbs: 38.3g)
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Sugar: 6.3g
- Protein: 32g