#SlowCookerSunday is here and today we’re taking it back to breakfast with one of the most delicious slow cooker recipes to date! This Steel Cut Slow Cooker Cinnamon Buns recipe will not just make your mouth water but will also make your macros happy and keep you full too!!!
Start with your optionally lined (for easy clean up) slow cooker and just add into it 1 1/2 cups of steel cut oats, 3 tablespoons of almond flour, 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon, 4 scoops of a vanilla Labrada Nutrition protein powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, a little salt, 2 large beaten whole eggs, 6 cups of a milk or milk substitute, 2 containers of a vanilla Greek yogurt, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Go ahead and mix all of those up until most of your clumps are gone.
Open up your favorite cinnamon bun dough (preferably a lower sugar/lower calorie one) and break up 2 or 3 them into your mix. Lightly those mix pieces in, pour a little sugar free syrup on top, cover your slow cooker, and cook it on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Now if you’ve made it this far here’s a couple of my tips:
- I usually portion this one out into 6 servings and each serving has over 30 grams of protein!
- It tastes great either cold or heated up in the microwave for a minute or two.
- If your macros will allow for it…top your dish with some cinnamon crunch cereal!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/2 Cups (264g) Steel Cut Oats
- 3 Tablespoons (21g) Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Scoops Your Choice Labrada Nutrition Protein Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- A little Salt
- 2 Large Whole Beaten Eggs
- 6 Cups (48 Ounces) Milk or Milk Substitute
- 2 Containers (300g) Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 2-3 Cinnamon Bun Dough Pieces
- Sugar Free Syrup
How to make:
- Optionally line your slow cooker then add everything aside from your Cinnamon Bun Dough and Sugar Free Syrup into it
- Mix everything together until most of your clumps are gone
- Break apart your Cinnamon Bun Dough and lightly mix it in
- Top with your Sugar Free Syrup
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
- Top it with some cinnamon crunch cereal!
- Eat it cold (it tastes great) or throw it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes!
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 2496
- Fat: 72g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Sodium: 2525mg
- Carbs: 270g (Net Carbs: 230g)
- Fiber: 40g
- Sugar: 38g
- Protein: 192g
Calories in each 350g serving (if you make 6):
- Calories: 416
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 420.8mg
- Carbs: 45g (Net Carbs: 38.3g)
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Sugar: 6.3g
- Protein: 32g