So you want some pancakes but you don’t have or don’t wanna use flour…today we fix that with these super easy, very macro friendly FLOURLESS pancakes made using one of my favorite cheap ingredients, chickpeas! This whole recipe only takes around 10 minutes to make so lets just get right to it…
Start by taking out a food processor or really powerful blender. We’re gonna make it super easy and just add all of our ingredients into it starting with 2 large whole eggs, 1/2 cup of milk or milk substitute, 1 can of drained and rinsed chickpeas (which by the way have a pretty neutral flavor so as long as you add other flavors to a recipe with chickpeas you more than likely won’t even taste them), 1/4 cup of peanut butter or other nut butter, 2 scoops of vanilla Labrada Nutrition 100% Whey protein powder or switch it up with some MRP chocolate peanut butter, a little salt, and 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
Process or blend everything together until smooth. Here’s where you could lightly mix in other things to your batter like chocolate chips, fruit, and so on. Now take out a stove top pan, turn burner on medium heat, coat your pan with some non-stick cooking spray, and add some of your mix into your pan once it heats up. You should cook each side for around 1-2 minutes. Repeat until all of your mix is gone.
With this one I usually make 2 servings worth since we’re using a whole can of chickpeas. You could cut the recipe in half but who wants 1/2 a can of chickpeas sitting around?
Here is the recipe:
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 1/2 Cup (4 Ounces) Milk or Milk Substitute
- 1 Can (439g) Drained & Rinsed Low Sodium Chickpeas
- 1/4 Cup (64g) Peanut Butter/Other Nut Butter
- 2 Scoops (76g) Labrada Nutrition 100% Whey Vanilla Protein Powder
- A little Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
How to make:
- Mix everything together until smooth using either a food processor or really powerful blender
- Take out a stove top pan, turn your burner on medium heat, and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your mix in and cook each side for around 1-2 minutes
- Repeat until all of your mix is gone
- Make sure to rinse your chickpeas well!
- Use any variation/flavor of protein powder you want!
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 1256
- Fat: 56g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 1240mg
- Carbs: 92g (Net Carbs: 67g)
- Fiber: 25g
- Sugar: 12g
- Protein: 96g
Calories in each 5 pancake serving (if your total is 10 pancakes):
- Calories: 628
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 620mg
- Carbs: 46g (Net Carbs: 33.5g)
- Fiber: 12.5g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 48g