You want some protein pancakes but you don’t have or don’t wanna use flour, today we fix! These super easy and macro friendly FLOURLESS protein pancakes are made using one of my favorite cheap ingredients, chickpeas! The next best part? This whole recipe only takes around 10 minutes to make.
Start by taking out a food processor or really powerful blender. We’re gonna make it super easy and just add all of our ingredients into it starting with 2 large whole eggs, 1/2 cup of milk or milk substitute, 1 can of drained and rinsed chickpeas, 1/4 cup of peanut butter or other nut butter, 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder, a little salt, and 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
Chickpeas have a pretty neutral flavor (rinse them good) so as long as you add other flavors, you more than likely won’t ever taste them.
Process or blend everything together until smooth. This is where you could lightly mix in other things to your batter like chocolate chips, fruit, and so on. Think outside the box and make the best flourless protein pancakes you can!
Take out a stove top pan, turn burner on medium heat, and coat your pan with some non-stick cooking spray. Once it heats up add some of your mix into your pan. You should cook each side for around 1-2 minutes. Repeat until all of your mix is gone and make your flourless protein pancakes however big or small you want to.
Find our Cheap Pan Set here!
For these flourless protein pancakes I usually make 2 servings worth since we’re using a whole can of chickpeas. You could cut the recipe in half but who wants 1/2 a can of chickpeas sitting around?
How about our fluffy Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes next?
The Best Flourless PROTEIN Pancakes
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- ½ Cup Milk Substitute or Milk (4 Ounces)
- 1 Can Low Sodium Chickpeas Drained & Rinsed 439g
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter or Other Nut Butter 64g
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- Mix everything together until smooth using either a food processor or really powerful blender
- Take out a stove top pan, turn your burner on medium heat, and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your mix in and cook each side for around 1-2 minutes
- Repeat until all of your mix is gone
- Make sure to rinse your chickpeas well!
- Use any variation/flavor of protein powder you want!
- Calories: 1256
- Fat: 56g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 1240mg
- Carbs: 92g (Net Carbs: 67g)
- Fiber: 25g
- Sugar: 12g
- Protein: 96g
- Calories: 628
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 620mg
- Carbs: 46g (Net Carbs: 33.5g)
- Fiber: 12.5g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 48g