Love mac & cheese but can’t afford the macros? Try our healthy and high protein Bodybuilding Mac & Cheese! This delicious alternative is easy to make, tastes just like the “real” thing, and is made using Greek yogurt!
The first thing you need to do for this high protein mac & cheese recipe is to take out a bowl and add into it your favorite lean protein. I’m using 2 cans of drained tuna today.
Don’t like tuna? Use canned chicken or other cooked lean protein like ground beef, turkey, or chicken breast. Let us know what you end up using in the comments below!
Take out another bowl and add into it 6 ounces of pasta. You can use whatever size or type of pasta you want for your bodybuilding mac & cheese here.
Add however much water your pasta box says to into a stovetop pan and turn your burner on high heat until your water starts to boil.
Pour your pasta in once boiling, turn your burner down to medium-high heat, and let it cook for however long your box says to. Cooking time will vary but this is usually around 7-10 minutes while occasionally stirring.
Turn your burner off, drain your pasta, and put your pasta back into your stovetop pan.
Add into your drained pan 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese and 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese. Mix your cheese around in your bodybuilding mac & cheese until it’s melted.
Continue by mixing in 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon of onion salt, and 1 container of plain Greek yogurt. Make sure to mix all of these up good!
Last, add and mix in your drained tuna or other lean protein.
That’s it, your creamy, cheesy, and ton of volume bodybuilding mac & cheese is done!
High Protein Mac & Cheese Tips
- Top it with some bread crumbs.
- Want it creamier? Add in more plain Greek Yogurt.
- Quickly heat it up by microwaving it in :30 second intervals.
- Bored? Add in other sauces (BBQ or chili), seasonings, herbs, and so on!
Ready for dessert? Try our Bodybuilding Protein Trail Mix recipe next!
Bodybuilding Mac & Cheese
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 6 Ounces Pasta
- 2 Cans Tuna - or Canned Chicken Breast/Cooked Chicken Breast/Lean Ground Beef/Turkey
- ¾ Cup Cheddar Cheese - Reduced Fat Sharp
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan & Romano Cheese - Grated
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Onion Salt
- 5.3 Ounces Greek Yogurt - Plain Fat Free
- Take out a large bowl, drain your Tuna, and add your drained Tuna into the bowl
- Cook your Pasta for however long your box says to
- Turn your burner off, drain it, and put your Pasta back into whatever you used
- Add in your Cheddar Cheese and Parmesan & Romano Grated Cheese
- Mix your cheese around until it’s melted
- Add in your Garlic Powder, Onion Salt, and Greek Yogurt
- Mix those in
- Add in your Tuna and mix that in
- Calories: 1227
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 1780mg
- Carbs: 125g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 13g
- Protein: 112g
- Calories: 306
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 445mg
- Carbs: 31.2g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Protein: 28g