The leaves are still falling and that means pumpkin is still trending. There’s also a 99% chance that if you’re a Starbucks employee you hate the word and all things pumpkin by now. I’m not gonna order anything pumpkin but I will show you how to make a delicious and macro friendly PUMPKIN PROTEIN CREME BRULEE!
Start this pumpkin protein creme brulee with either a food processor or blender. Into that add 1/4 cup of pumpkin, 3 large egg yolks, 3 tablespoons of heavy cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of a sweetener, and 1 scoop of either vanilla or chocolate protein powder.
Process or blend everything together until it’s smooth. This shouldn’t take more than a a minute or two.
Next, take out a couple short ramekins and evenly distribute your mix into them. Place them into a baking pan or dish that’s taller than them and add some hot water until it’s halfway up your ramekins.
Put your pumpkin protein creme brulee in the oven on 325F/162C for around 25-30 minutes.
The first couple times I’d suggest to keep an eye on them. As soon as the texture looks good, pull them out and remember how long they were in there. The texture should be jiggly but not liquid and definitely not completely set like a cake.
Sprinkle on a couple teaspoons of a brown sugar substitute (like Sukrin Gold) and a sweetener. After that? Take out a kitchen torch and light them up until it forms a nice little crust on top. Remember to keep your torch moving so you don’t burn them!
If you like pumpkin recipes then you have to try out our Protein Pumpkin Bread next!
Pumpkin Protein Creme Brulee
- ¼ Cup Pumpkin 61g
- 3 Large Egg Yolks
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Greek Yogurt Your choice flavor
- ½ Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice or Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetener
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder Scoop Chocolate or Vanilla
- 1-2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar Substitute For Topping (Sukrin Gold)
- 1-2 Teaspoons Sweetener For Topping
- Mix everything together aside from your topping (Brown Sugar Substitute & Sweetener)
- Evenly distribute into 2 “short” ramekins
- Place those ramekins into a deep baking pan or dish
- Fill your pan or dish with hot water halfway up your ramekins
- Bake on 325F/162C for 20-25 minutes
- Remove from the oven
- Top them with your Brown Sugar Substitute & Sweetener
- Use a kitchen torch to “melt” your topping together
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated Fat: 7.5g
- Sodium: 99.5mg
- Carbs: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 20.5g
- Calories: 505
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Sodium: 199mg
- Carbs: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 41g