If you’re a fan of coconut shrimp and have yet to try coconut chicken then you’re seriously missing out! You only need a few ingredients to make these, they’re packed with protein, and they only take around 20 minutes to make!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 Jumbo Egg
- 1 Tablespoon (14g) Coconut Oil
- 8 Tablespoons (60g) Coconut Flour
- 8 Tablespoons (60g) Coconut Flakes
- 2 Pounds (32 Ounces) Chicken Breast
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 1705
- Fat: 73g
- Saturated Fat: 46g
- Sodium: 1504mg
- Carbs: 64g
- Fiber: 28g
- Sugar: 28g
- Protein: 198g
Calories in each plate (around 1 1 /2 strips):
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Sodium: 150.4mg
- Carbs: 6.4g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Protein: 19.8g
How to make:
- Take out 3 bowls.
- Add your Egg and melted Coconut Oil into one bowl and mix those together.
- Add your Coconut Flour into the next bowl.
- Add your Coconut Flakes into the last bowl.
- Take out your Chicken Breast, trim the fat off of them, and cut them into strips (however big you want them).
- Dunk your strips first into the Coconut Flour, then egg mix, and last the Coconut Flakes.
- Place your strips onto your baking sheet and bake them on 400F/204C for 15:00-20:00.
- Reheat them using the toaster oven to keep the crispiness alive!
- These will last around 5-7 days in the fridge!