It’s finally SUMMER and that means a couple things. Lots of fireworks and lots of barbecues. Today we celebrate the start of grill season and make these absolutely delicious Spicy Bacon Cheddar Burgers!
This one we’re gonna start by prepping our burger mix. Take out a large bowl and first add into it 1 pound of either lean ground beef or turkey. Today I’m using ground turkey. If you want more you can easily just double or triple the recipe as well (use the scale below).
Follow that with 1 large whole egg, 1/3 cup of bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of bacon bits, 2 ounces of cheddar cheese, 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, a couple squirts of some optional chili sauce to add some heat to them, a little salt, and a little pepper!
Mix all of that together then shape your future bacon cheddar burgers making them however big or small you want them. Once you’ve shaped them all head over to either your frying pan or outside to your grill! Turn your burners on medium heat.
One your burners heat up, throw on some cooking spray and cook each side for around 5 minutes. Your internal temperature should be at least 160F/71C for ground beef and 165/73C for ground turkey. Use our favorite food thermometer to read this easily!
A couple minutes before they’re done grate or put some cheese on top of them. Pull them off the heat once it melts. Add on your toppings and devour it!
What are your 2 favorite toppings on a burger if you had to choose? Mine are cheese and a fried egg! Let me know yours in the comments below.
Try another one of our favorite burger recipes here!
How To Make EASY Spicy Bacon Cheddar Burgers
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef or Turkey 16 Ounces
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- ⅓ Cup Bread Crumbs 28g
- ¼ Cup Bacon Bits or Broken Up Precooked Bacon
- 2 Ounces Cheddar Cheese
- ¾ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1-2 Squirts Chili Sauce *Optional
- Black Pepper
- Chop or grate your Cheddar Cheese and combine all of your ingredients together in a large bowl
- Mix everything together
- Shape your burgers however big you want them
- Turn a stove top pan or your grill on medium heat
- Coat whatever you’re using with some non-stick cooking spray
- Cook your burgers on each side for around 5 minutes
- Optionally top them with cheese a couple minutes before they’re done
- Calories: 1088
- Fat: 60g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Sodium: 1402mg
- Carbs: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 118g
- Calories: 217
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8g
- Sodium: 280.4mg
- Carbs: 3.8g
- Fiber: .2g
- Sugar: .6g
- Protein: 23.6g