Today is the day that we reinvent the burger into a low carb and keto friendly taco burger! These keto burgers are absolutely delicious and guess what? They come with a keto bun recipe too!
Start this one by adding into a bowl 1 pound of ground beef or turkey. I like either 80/20 or 85/15 for my burgers.
Continue with 1 packet of a low sodium taco seasoning mix (make your own if you want), 1 large whole egg, and a couple crushed up keto cheese crackers or tortilla chips if you can afford the carbs. Mix those ingredients together.
Shape your keto burgers while throwing a little dimple into the middle of each one. This dimple helps the patty hold its shape when you cook them.
Throw those on your grill for around 4 minutes a side (or however long you want) and a few minutes before they’re done add a cheese slice to the top of each one!
Remove those from the grill and now it’s time to decide what you’re gonna use for a bun. My choice for either a low carb or keto diet?
- A piece of lettuce wrapped over it
- My microwave keto bread recipe which can be found here.
Ready to top them? Some lettuce, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, salsa, and guacamole all go great on these!
With the mention of toppings here, what would you or will you add to these keto burgers? Let me know in the comments below!
Easy Taco Keto Burgers
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Pound Ground Beef - or Turkey (I use 80/20 here)
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning Mix - Low Sodium Preferred
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 1 Serving Crackers - Keto Friendly (or Tortilla Chips if you can afford the carbs)
- Cheese - Your favorite
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Butter - Melted
- 3 Tablespoons Almond Flour
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl
- Shape your burgers while throwing a dimple into the middle of each one (this helps the patty keep its shape)
- Put them on the grill and cook to your preferred temperature
- A few minutes before they’re done throw a Jarlsberg Cheese slice to the top of each one
- Add your ingredients into a small bowl (this will be the shape of your bun)
- Mix everything together
- Microwave 1-2 minutes
- Let cool and cut it in half
- Calories: 484
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 384mg
- Carbs: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 48g
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Sodium: 161.5mg
- Carbs: 10.3g (Net Carbs: 9.3g)
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 10.4g