If you like carrot cake as much as I do, you’ll love this low fat, high protein, carrot cake mini muffin recipe!
Here is the recipe:
- 8 Large Egg Whites
- 3 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce (122g)
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Ounces Carrots (Chopped)
- 4 Scoops Protein Powder (120g)
- 1/2 Cup Sweetener
- 1/2 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese (113g)
- 1 Box (1.5oz) Seedless Raisins
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats (Old Fashioned Kind) (80g)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 1134
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 2138mg
- Carbs: 119g
- Fiber: 16g
- Sugar: 50g
- Protein: 151g
Depending on how you make it, just divide up the calories yourself. For example, I made 33 muffins so that would come out to 35 calories a piece 1158/33=35! This is easier in the end because it will tend to sometimes make more or less depending on the exact type of ingredients you use.
Blend all of the ingredients aside from the carrots and raisins together. Fold in (which means gently stir) the raisins and carrots. Coat mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Bake on 375 for 15:00-20:00 (or until expanded + golden brown).
- Tip: Top them with fat free cream cheese!