One of my favorite ways to prepare my oatmeal. This Pistachio Cranberry Protein Oatmeal recipe is high in complex carbs, fiber, and protein all while tasting like a cake version of a thin mint girl scout cookie!
Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 Cup (40g) Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Cup Fat Free Milk (or Milk Substitute)
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 Servings (12g) Instant Sugar Free Fat Free Pistachio Jello
- 1 Scoop (30g) Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 2 Tablespoons (10g) Cocoa Powder
- 15 Pistachio Nuts (15g)
- 1/8 Cup (20g) Dried Cranberries
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 527
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 808mg
- Carbs: 68g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sugar: 22g
- Protein: 39g
Combine your Milk, Rolled Oats, and Water into a microwavable safe bowl. Microwave your Oatmeal for around 2:00. While the Oatmeal is still hot add in the rest of your ingredients. Mix everything together. Mouthgasm!
- Top with cocoa powder, whipped cream, cool whip, and/or more nuts!
- To cut down on the carbs use a milk substitute and/or use half as many cranberries and pistachio nuts!