Fix those candy bar cravings with this Protein Candy Bar Oatmeal recipe! These breakfast proats are packed with all the right flavors, super easy to make, and come without the guilt.
For this one all you’re going to need is a way to prep your oatmeal. We’re making it in the microwave today so all we needed was a microwavable bowl. If you choose to make it on the stove then you’re going to need a stovetop pan.
If you’re making it in the microwave, add right into your bowl 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 cup of unsweetened milk substitute, and 1 ounce of water.
Pro tip? The less water you use, the thicker your oatmeal will be.
Put that into the microwave and microwave your oatmeal for around 2 minutes. Microwave time may vary depending on how powerful your microwave is so make sure to keep an eye on it!
While still hot add in 1/2 teaspoon of caramel extract, 1 tablespoon of sugar free syrup, 2 tablespoons of a regular or chocolate powdered peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, 1 serving of instant sugar free fat free butterscotch pudding, 1 scoop of a chocolate protein powder, 1/2 an ounce of peanuts, and 1 tablespoon of sugar free chocolate chips.
Not only is cocoa powder delicious, it has no sugar in it and 2 grams of fiber for every 10 calories!
Mix all of those candy bar protein oatmeal ingredients together until your oatmeal thickens up and everything is incorporated.
Candy Bar Topping
Top and lightly mix in 1 tablespoon of sugar free caramel dip and anything else you want! Some of my favorites?
- Flavored Greek yogurt
- Whipped topping or whipped cream
- Fresh fruit
- Mixed nuts
- High Protein Frosting
Let us know what healthy toppings you use for this in the comments below!
Pair this delicious recipe with our Protein Nutella Iced Coffee!
Protein Candy Bar Oatmeal
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats - 40g
- ½ Cup Milk Substitute - or Milk (4 Ounces)
- 1 Ounce Water
- ½ Teaspoon Caramel Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Syrup - Sugar Free
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - 30g Chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder - 5g
- 1 Serving Instant Pudding - 8g Sugar Free Fat Free Butterscotch
- 1 Tablespoon Chocolate Chips - 15g Sugar Free
- ½ Ounce Peanuts - 14g
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Peanut Butter - 12g Regular or Chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon Caramel Dip - 15g Sugar Free Fat Free
- Combine your Milk, Rolled Oats, and Water into a microwavable safe bowl
- Microwave your oatmeal for around 2 minutes
- While still hot add in the rest of your ingredients aside from your Caramel Dip
- Mix everything together
- Lightly mix in your Caramel Dip
- Calories: 558
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 720mg
- Carbs: 59g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 40g