Today, we make a delicious meal prep friendly recipe that features a new way to prep quinoa! These protein packed Quinoa Taco Bowls are absolutely delicious and take almost no time at all!
For this one we’re gonna start by cooking our quinoa. Throw in 1 1/2 cups of quinoa into a pot with 3 cups of some bone broth.
Most people cook quinoa with water, right? Well, cooking it with a bone broth makes it taste a world better! Using a broth also adds more protein to the recipe too.
Bring that to a boil, cover it, and reduce your heat to a simmer until all of your broth is absorbed. This should take around 15-20 minutes.
After your quinoa is prepared you’ll want to take out a bowl. Add your cooked quinoa into it, 1 can of drained & rinsed black beans, 1 can of drain & rinsed pinto beans, some lime, 12 ounces of a cooked protein, 1 cup of cooked corn, 1 diced avocado, 1 1/2 teaspoons of chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, and a little salt & pepper.
You can use cooked ground beef, turkey, chicken, tofu, shrimp, tuna, etc for this one. Use whatever protein fits your diet, it’s completely up to you. If you don’t want to add a protein that’s fine too, just remember to adjust the macros accordingly.
Mix all of those ingredients together and portion it out into however many servings you want (I usually make 5). That’s it, your Quinoa Taco Bowls are done and ready to eat!
What will you top your taco bowls with? Let me know in the comments below. I’m a huge fan of anything spicy for this recipe.
Love quinoa like us? Try our Quinoa Chicken Parmesan recipe next!
Protein Packed Spicy Quinoa Taco Bowls
- 1 ½ Cups Quinoa 258g
- 3 Cups Bone Broth 24 Ounces
- 1 Can Black Beans 439g Drained & Rinsed (Low Sodium Preferred)
- 1 Can Pinto Beans 439g Drained & Rinsed (Low Sodium Preferred)
- 1 Squeeze Lime
- 12 Ounces Ground Beef or Turkey, Chicken, Tofu, Shrimp, Tuna, etc (Cooked)
- 1 Cup Corn Cooked
- 1 Avocado Diced
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Salt Your choice
- Black Pepper Your choice
- Cook your Quinoa by adding it into a pot with your Broth and bringing it to a boil
- Once it boils, reduce your heat to a simmer, cover, and let that cook for 15-20 minutes or until all of your Broth has been absorbed
- Add in your cooked Quinoa to a large bowl with all of your other ingredients
- Mix everything together
- Portion and top
- Calories: 2485
- Fat: 45g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 3072mg
- Carbs: 319g (Net Carbs: 230g)
- Fiber: 89g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 201g
- Calories: 497
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: .6g
- Sodium: 614.4mg
- Carbs: 63.8g (Net Carbs: 46g)
- Fiber: 17.8g
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Protein: 40.2g