Today we make a delicious meal prep friendly recipe that features a new way to prep quinoa with Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth!
For this one we’re gonna start by cooking our quinoa so throw in 1 1/2 cups of quinoa into a pot with 3 cups of some Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth. Now most people cook quinoa with water but cooking it with a broth will not only make it taste a world better…it also adds more protein to the recipe (especially since this broth has 9 grams per serving). Bring that to a boil then cover and reduce your heat to a simmer until all of your broth is absorbed which should take around 15-20 minutes.
After your quinoa is prepped take out a bowl, add your quinoa into it, 1 can of drained & rinsed black beans, 1 can of drain & rinsed pinto beans, some lime, 12 ounces of a protein (cooked ground beef, turkey, chicken, tofu, shrimp, tuna, etc), 1 cup of cooked corn, 1 diced avocado, 1 1/2 teaspoons of chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, and a little salt & pepper. Mix all of those ingredients together and portion it out!
Now that the recipe is done we’re gonna jump into how to win $500 and a case of the Pacific Foods broth we used today. All you have to do to enter is just head over to their Facebook page here: https://woobox.com/apmgm4 and signup. It’s super easy and will take you all of maybe 20 seconds to do. Not bad, right?
I should also note if you haven’t figured it out already that Pacific Foods is sponsoring this post and we have a few other surprises coming at you in the future so get ready!!!
- Pacific Foods Website: https://www.pacificfoods.com/
- Pacific Foods Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PacificNaturalFoods/
Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/2 Cups (258g) Quinoa
- 3 Cups (24 Ounces) Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 Can (439g) Drained & Rinsed Black Beans (Low Sodium Preferred)
- 1 Can (439g) Drained & Rinsed Pinto Beans (Low Sodium Preferred)
- Squeeze of Lime
- 12 Ounces Cooked Protein (Beef, Turkey, Chicken, Tofu, Shrimp, Tuna, etc)
- 1 Cup Cooked Corn
- 1 Diced Avocado
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- Top it with a little fat free sour cream or plain yogurt, some salsa, and a little cheese!
- Eat it cold or throw it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes!
How to make:
- Cook your Quinoa by adding it into a pot with your Pacific Foods Broth and bringing it to a boil
- Once it boils, reduce your heat to a simmer, cover, and let that cook for 15-20 minutes or until all of your Pacific Foods Broth has been absorbed
- Add in your cooked Quinoa to a large bowl with all of your other ingredients
- Mix everything together
- Portion and top
Calories in the whole recipe (1800g):
- Calories: 2485
- Fat: 45g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 3072mg
- Carbs: 319g (Net Carbs: 230g)
- Fiber: 89g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 201g
Calories in each 360g serving (if you make 5):
- Calories: 497
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: .6g
- Sodium: 614.4mg
- Carbs: 63.8g (Net Carbs: 46g)
- Fiber: 17.8g
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Protein: 40.2g