Stereotypical cheat meal time…PIZZA! Now I’m not saying this is a bad thing but what if I told you this didn’t need to be a cheat meal and all you need is a microwave and a few ingredients? Well today I’m gonna show you my quick AND healthy microwave pizza recipe!
Start off by taking out at least a 12 ounce bowl or cup to make your pizza. You can find some cheap microwave safe options for around a buck at Walmart if you want the exact size you see pictured here. Now add into this bowl 1/4 cup or 30 grams of whole wheat pastry flour, 1/2 scoop or 15 grams of My Baking Protein, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Lightly mix those ingredients together then add in 1 1/2 ounces of a milk or milk substitute and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix again until all of your clumps are gone, smooth out your top, and layer on a couple tablespoons of pizza sauce, some oregano, 1/8 cup or 14 grams of whatever lower fat cheese you want, and some optional mini pepperoni slices.
Throw your pizza in the microwave for around 60 to 90 seconds depending on how powerful your microwave is and let it cool for a little bit before enjoying it!
Seriously, how good does this thing look? No more waiting until your cheat day to indulge! This is quick and YES, it actually tastes like pizza!
Here is the recipe:
- 1/4 Cup (30g) Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 Scoop (15g) TPC Baking Protein or Your Choice Protein Powder (Vanilla works great!)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Ounces Milk (or Milk Substitute)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Couple Tablespoons Pizza Sauce
- 1/8 Cup (14g) Your Choice Lower Fat Cheese
- Mini Pepperoni Slices *Optional
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 339
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 289mg
- Carbs: 31g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 20g
How to make:
- Take out at least a 12 ounce bowl or cup
- Add in and mix together your Flour, Protein, Baking Powder, and Salt
- Add in your Milk and Olive Oil and mix everything together until your clumps are gone
- Smooth out your drop and layer on your Sauce, Oregano, Cheese, and Pepperoni Slices
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds depending on how powerful your microwave is (once it starts bubbling it’s done)
- Top it with whatever ingredients you want!