HEY! Guess what? I know you guys love these slow cooker recipes so today we make a new one, BREAKFAST EDITION! This Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole is super easy and super delicious. Did I say super?
Start by taking out a large bowl then add into it 12 large whole eggs, 1 can of 98% fat free cream of chicken, 1/4 cup of milk, and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or a garlic seasoning such as this stuff which I’m pretty sure is as addicting as crack (though I’ve never tried crack).
Johnny’s Garlic Spread and Seasoning: http://amzn.to/2qAFwka
Mix those ingredients up and then take out your slow cooker. Coat it with some non-stick cooking spray and add into by layers, some chopped or shredded hash browns, bacon bits, lean ground turkey or beef, chopped red onions, and cheddar cheese. Here is a list of the total amount of each ingredient that I used. You’ll want 3 layers. After your layers are done, pour in your mix. Cover your slow cooker and turn it on low for 6-7 hours.
Once it’s done, it’s really easy to portion out. Figure out how many servings you want, cut it, and then distribute into your containers. I made 5 servings and each serving was around 15 ounces or 425 grams!
Awesome meal prep containers: http://amzn.to/2peItqh
So there ya ago, another slow cooker recipe to add to your meal prep. Add in other spices, seasonings, vegetables, or sauces to switch it up. Let me know what you’re gonna try or have tried down below in the comments!
Here is the recipe:
- 12 Large Whole Eggs
- 1 Can (10 1/2 Ounces) 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken
- 1/4 Cup (2 Ounces) Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder/Seasoning (Johnny’s Garlic Spread and Seasoning)
- 1 1/2 Pounds (20 Ounces) Hash Browns (I prefer shredded)
- 3 Ounces (85g) Bacon Bits
- 1 Pound (16 Ounces) Lean Ground Turkey or Beef (I like 96/4)
- 1 Chopped Red Onion
- 2 Cups (224g) Fat Free Cheddar Cheese
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 2803
- Fat: 99g
- Saturated Fat: 32g
- Sodium: 4633mg
- Carbs: 188g
- Fiber: 15g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 290g
Calories in each serving (if you make 5):
- Calories: 560
- Fat: 19.8g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4g
- Sodium: 926.6mg
- Carbs: 37.6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: .6g
- Protein: 58g
How to make:
- Mix together your Eggs, Cream of Chicken, Milk, and Garlic Seasoning
- Coat your slow cooker with some non-stick cooking spray
- Add in 1/3 of your Hash Browns, Bacon Bits, Turkey or Beef, Chopped Red Onion, and Cheddar Cheese
- Repeat until you have 3 layers
- Pour your mix in
- Turn your slow cooker on Low Heat for 6-7 hours
- Add in some hot sauce to spice things up!