Start your morning with a healthier alternative to your favorite campfire dessert! This S’mores Protein Oatmeal recipe takes just a couple minutes to prep, has all the right flavors without the guilt, and is packed with diet friendly macros!
Unless you’re making your oatmeal on the stovetop the only thing you’ll need for this recipe is your favorite microwavable oatmeal bowl and your microwave!
To make this in the microwave all you need to do is add 1/2 cup of rolled oats and 6 ounces of unsweetened milk substitute into your bowl.
Give those ingredients a quick mix and microwave them for around 2 minutes. Microwave time may vary depending on how powerful your microwave is so keep this in mind.
While still hot, mix in 1 1/2 scoops of a chocolate protein powder and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
To make this on the stovetop you would simply just bring your milk to a boil, add your oats in, reduce your heat, and let it simmer for a few minutes while occasionally stirring it until your oats thicken up.
Want more of a vanilla s’mores protein oatmeal? Use vanilla protein powder and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Protein S’mores Topping
To “s’mores” your oatmeal all you need to do is to top it with 1 crushed up low fat graham cracker, 1 tablespoon of sugar free chocolate chips, and 2 tablespoons of marshmallow bits.
Did you know that in 2 tablespoons of marshmallow bits there’s only 20 calories? You can find these down the coffee aisle of most grocery stores.
Diet tip? Cut down on the carbs using 1/2 the amount of ingredients in your s’mores topping.
Try a S’mores Protein Cheesecake next!
S’mores Protein Oatmeal
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats - 40g
- ¾ Cup Milk Substitute - or Milk (6 Ounces)
- 1 ½ Scoops Protein Powder - 45g Chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder - 10g
- 1 Sheet Graham Cracker - Low Fat
- 1 Tablespoon Chocolate Chips - 15g Sugar Free
- 2 Tablespoons Marshmallow Bits - 5g Jet Puffed
- Take out a microwavable safe bowl
- Add in your Rolled Oats and Milk
- Microwave your oatmeal for around 2 minutes
- Add in your Protein and Cocoa Powder
- Mix those ingredients together
- Crush up your Graham Cracker
- Top with your crushed up Graham Cracker, Chocolate Chips, and Marshmallow Bits
- Calories: 578
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 390mg
- Carbs: 65g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sugar: 14g
- Protein: 48g