Looking for a healthy seven layer dip that’s quick, cheap, and easy to prep? Our Spicy 7 Layer Tuna Dip should do the trick! This high protein recipe is great for tailgating, tastes delicious, and you don’t need an oven to make it.
All you’re going to need for this recipe is 2 small mixing bowls, a large dish for your dip, and a microwave to heat your beans up!
The First Bowl
Add into your first small bowl 2 5 ounce cans of drained tuna, 1 container of plain Greek yogurt, 3 teaspoons of chili sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper, and 1/2 packet of a low sodium taco seasoning mix.
Don’t have plain Greek yogurt? Use fat free sour cream for this spicy 7 layer dip instead!
Mix all of those ingredients together until everything is incorporated into your tuna.
The Second Bowl
In your next small bowl add 1 can of drained & rinsed pinto beans, 1/4 cup of water, and the other 1/2 packet of low sodium taco seasoning mix.
Mix all of those ingredients together while mashing up your beans with a fork. To mash them quickly all you have to do is simply just press down with your quick, this should only take around a minute.
Put this bean mix into the microwave for :45 seconds.
Healthy 7 Layer Dip Bowl
Take out the bowl you’re using for your spicy 7 layer tuna dip and add your tuna layer into the bottom of it.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup of a Mexican blend cheese on top of your tuna layer. If you don’t like or can’t find a Mexican blend cheese you can use whatever flavor cheese you think will comment the recipe like cheddar cheese.
Add your bean mix on top of your cheese layer. Make sure to do this while your mix is still hot so that your cheese melts!
Evenly distribute 7 tablespoons of regular or spicy guacamole on top of your bean layer. Whether or not you use homemade guacamole is completely up to you, I bought mine packed at the store to save some time.
Spread 1 container of plain Greek yogurt or fat free sour cream on top of your guacamole layer.
On top of your Greek yogurt drop in 10 tablespoons of your choice salsa. You can easily change up the flavors, consistency, or heat here by using pineapple, chunky, restaurant style, mild, medium, hot, etc.
And for the last layer? Sliced black olives, chopped up green onions, and a couple squirts of chili sauce!
Ready to eat your spicy 7 layer tuna dip? Take out your favorite tortilla chips and dig in!
Other ways to eat this dip?
- On your rice cakes
- With low calorie crackers
- Pita or flatbread
Let us know how you eat yours in the comments below.
Try our Tuna English Muffin Pizza Recipe next!
Spicy 7 Layer Tuna Dip
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Cans Tuna
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning Mix - Low Sodium
- 10.6 Ounces Greek Yogurt - Fat Free Plain
- 3 Teaspoons Chili Sauce - or More Sriracha
- ½ Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 7 Tablespoons Guacamole
- ½ Cup Mexican Cheese - Reduced Fat
- 16 Ounces Pinto Beans - Reduced Sodium
- 2 Ounces Water
- 10 Tablespoons Salsa
- Drain your Tuna and then put it into a bowl
- Follow with ½ of your Greek Yogurt, ½ Packet Taco Seasoning Mix, and Sriracha
- Mix all of those ingredients together
- Take out a larger bowl and add in that mix as your first layer
- On top of that layer add your Mexican Blend Cheese
- Drain and rinse your Pinto Beans
- Put those in a separate bowl with your other ½ Packet Taco Seasoning Mix and Water
- Mix those ingredients together while mashing your Pinto Beans up
- Microwave your Pinto Bean mix for :45 seconds
- Add that on top of your Mexican Blend Cheese layer while it’s still hot so that your cheese will melt
- Add your Guacamole
- On top of that add the other ½ of your Greek Yogurt
- Add your Salsa
- Add some Black Olive Slices, Chopped Green Onion, and a couple squirts of optional Sriracha
- Calories: 1299
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 3210mg
- Carbs: 128g
- Fiber: 32g
- Sugar: 23g
- Protein: 127g
- Calories: 129
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated Fat: .9g
- Sodium: 321mg
- Carbs: 12.8g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Sugar: 2.3g
- Protein: 12.7g
Go Pats! Great recipes! Keep them coming! Eating your foods is healthy and never gets sickening. Great creativeness. Thanks!
Thanks Johnny! Go PATS!