Looking for a quick, cheap, and spicy high protein recipe made with canned tuna? Try some Sriracha Tuna Cakes! This easy recipe takes just a few minutes to prep and is easy to change up when you’re bored.
Add right into a mixing bowl 1/3 cup of bread crumbs, 2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper, 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning, 3-4 servings of some chili sauce (more or less depending on how spicy you want them), 4 tablespoons of fat free mayonnaise, and 2 cans of drained tuna.
Mix all of those ingredients together until everything is well incorporated.
Some other ways to switch these tuna cakes up when you’re bored?
- With spices or seasonings
- By adding in some chopped vegetables like celery for crunch, red onion, and so on
Shape your cakes however big you want them, I made 2 Sriracha tuna cakes today.
You can eat these right now as is since canned tuna has already been cooked or heat them up on the stovetop (my preference).
To heat them up on the stovetop you’ll need to take out a stovetop pan, turn your burner on low-medium heat, and coat your pan with some non-stick cooking spray.
Place your Sriracha tuna cakes into your pan and cook each side for around 2-3 minutes. Keep in mind that depending on how big or small you made them that this time may change.
Optionally top them with cheese and some condiments like guacamole and salsa!
Ready for dessert? How about a Microwave Protein Whoopie Pie?
Sriracha Tuna Cakes
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Cans Tuna
- 2 Teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise - Fat Free
- ⅓ Cup Bread Crumbs
- 3-4 Teaspoons Chili Sauce - Sriracha
- Drain your Tuna
- Add all of your ingredients into a bowl
- Mix everything together
- Shape your mix into 2 cakes
- Take out a stovetop pan, put your burner on Low-Medium Heat, and spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Cook your cakes for 2 minutes a side
- Calories: 317
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 2010mg
- Carbs: 34g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 12g
- Protein: 34g