Energy balls, energy bites, energy something! Call these what you will but they’re round, delicious, take almost no time to make, actually have energy in them, and you don’t need an oven to make them. Have I convinced yet to try the Best Protein Energy Balls EVER?
We’ll start this one with our…
No Bake Chocolate Protein Balls
Add into a bowl 6 tablespoons of a nut butter, 2 tablespoons of brown rice syrup or honey, 2 tablespoons of a Greek yogurt, and 1 1/2 scoops of a chocolate protein powder. Mix those up good.
Continue with 1 cup of rolled oats, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, and 2 teaspoons of instant coffee. This is your energy and hey, it also compliments the chocolate too! Give those a mix.
If they don’t mix together well add in a little bit more Greek yogurt until they do. You could also make this part even easier by just using your hand to mix everything.
You could fold into your energy balls some chips, nuts, dried fruit, and so on at this point but we’re not gonna do that today.
Shape half a ball. I make mine about this big. Repeat until your mix is gone.
No Bake Vanilla Protein Balls
We move onto our other half! Add into a bowl 5 tablespoons of a nut butter, 2 tablespoons of brown rice syrup or honey, 2 tablespoons of a Greek yogurt, and 1 1/2 scoops of a vanilla protein powder. Mix those up.
Continue by adding in 1 tablespoon of melted butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar substitute, and 1 cup of rolled oats. Mix all of those together.
For this last part instead of shaping them all out, just take enough of your mix to equal the chocolate half. Shape that around it (forming your energy balls) Some would say to…marry them!
Repeat, until all of your balls are done. Easy enough, right?
Add your favorites
I like to push in a few sugar free chocolate chips to each one and dress them up. Don’t want to do that? Don’t worry! I can promise you that they’re absolutely delicious as is.
You can make these protein balls a million different ways now that you have this recipe. Add in stuff to the middle of them, roll them around in something, mix in your favorite toppings, and so on. Think outside the box and prepare yourself for a mouthful of great macros!
What do you call these? Protein bites? Protein balls? Energy bites? Energy balls? Let me know below and also what you’ll add into yours!
Try our 5 Minute Cheesecake Balls next!
The Best Protein Energy Balls Ever
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Chocolate Energy Balls
- 6 Tablespoons Nut Butter - 96g
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Rice Syrup - or Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 1 ½ Scoops Protein Powder - 45g Chocolate
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats - 100g
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder - 15g
- 2 Teaspoons Instant Coffee
- Chocolate Chips - *Optional Nuts, Dried Fruit, etc
Vanilla Energy Balls
Chocolate Protein Balls
- Mix together your Nut Butter, Syrup, 2 tablespoons of Greek Yogurt, and Chocolate Protein Powder
- Add and mix in your Rolled Oats, Cocoa Powder, and Instant Coffee
- Add more Greek Yogurt if they don’t mix up well
- Shape half balls (your choice size)
Vanilla Protein Balls
- Mix together your Nut Butter, Syrup, 2 tablespoons of Greek Yogurt, and Vanilla Protein Powder
- Add and mix in your Melted Butter, Vanilla Extract, Brown Sugar Substitute, and Rolled Oats
- Take out enough mix to match your chocolate half and shape them into your protein balls!
- Calories: 272
- Fat: 12.2g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Sodium: 155.7mg
- Carbs: 23.4g (Net Carbs: 19.6g)
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Protein: 17.2g
- Calories: 136
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Sodium: 77.8mg
- Carbs: 11.7g (Net Carbs: 9.8g)
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Protein: 8.6g
- Calories: 2454
- Fat: 110g
- Saturated Fat: 28g
- Sodium: 1402mg
- Carbs: 211g (Net Carbs: 176g)
- Fiber: 35g
- Sugar: 51g
- Protein: 155g