You can’t do much with a mason jar outside of storing things or mug cakes (unless you’re a magician) and since I have about a million of them in various sizes I wanted to change that. Today we make some REALLY quick MASON JAR OMELETTES!
Here’s the deal…for a 2 egg omelette depending on how many ingredients you add in, you’ll wanna use at least a half pint mason jar. If you wanna use more eggs than that then my rule of thumb is use a mason jar big enough so that your omelette mix doesn’t come more than 3/4 of the way up.
Now this recipe is super easy. Coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, add your eggs in, a little black pepper, some bacon bits, whatever chopped up vegetables you want (I like bell peppers and onion), and 1/8 cup of your favorite cheese. Shake it up like you mean it, take the cover off, and throw it in the microwave for around 1-2 minutes. If it starts to overflow because your mason jar is too small then just stop your microwave for a couple seconds until it settles and continue microwaving it until it looks cooked.
So there you guys go, a quick mason jar omelette that you can fix up to your liking! Throw it on a plate or just eat right out of the jar. It also tastes great cold so you could make it the night before and take it with you on-the-go!
- Half Pint Mason Jars: http://amzn.to/2kjTPJL
- Meal Prep Containers (16 for $19.99): http://amzn.to/2peItqh
Here is the recipe:
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon (7g) Bacon Bits
- Your Choice Vegetables (Chopped)
- 1/8 Cup (14g) Your Favorite Cheese (Full, Reduced, or Fat Free is up to you)
Calories in each jar:
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 310mg
- Carbs: 4g (Net Carbs: 3.5g)
- Fiber: .5g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 21g
How to make:
- Coat at least a half pint mason jar with some non-stick cooking spray (bigger if you’re using a lot of ingredients/more than 2 eggs)
- Add all of your ingredients into it
- Cover and shake until well mixed
- Remove the cover and microwave for 1-2 minutes
- Add egg whites for more protein!