Lets take a second because TODAY is the day we can now mark as the day a burger for breakfast is completely acceptable with this KETO BREAKFAST BURGER…and yes, it has BACON ON IT!
Start by shaping your burgers with some lean ground beef or turkey (I like 93/7 with this recipe). Shaping a burger should be quick, don’t spend a ton of time handling the meat (less time on the meat = better burger) and the most important part? Throw an indent in the middle of your burger using your fingers, this will keep it flat while cooking.
If you’re prepping on the stove top turn your burner on medium high, put in a little olive oil, and once it heats up place your burgers in. Cook them to whatever temp you like your burgers at and if you want cheese on them put some on a minute or so after you flip it. A little tip here is if you want it to melt faster, use a lid for around 30 seconds. Next take out another pan and fry up an egg with a little black pepper on it. Wait…WHAT? An egg on a burger? Seriously! It might sound weird to some of you but it takes to whole new level, I promise.
Last grab some lettuce, peel off a thick slice that you can fold over, and place your burger in it. On top of that some bacon and then your fried egg. Whatever else you want on it is up to you, I almost always go for the standard tomato and onion. Wrap your burger up and get ready for the game!
1 gram of net carbs. Some will say a burgers not a burger without a bun but seriously if you’ve never had a burger wrapped in lettuce, you’re missing out. There’s a ton of crunch to it!!!
Here is the recipe:
- 6 Ounces Lean Ground Beef or Turkey (I like 93/7)
- A little Olive Oil or Butter
- Slice of Cheese per Burger
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- Black Pepper *Optional
- 2 Slices of Bacon per Burger
- Tomato *Optional
- Onion *Optional
Calories in the WHOLE recipe (6 ounce burger):
- Calories: 342
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 320mg
- Carbs: 4g Net Carbs = 1g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 41g
How to make:
- Shape your burgers and place an indent in the middle of each burger using your fingers (this helps them stay flat)
- Turn your burner on Medium High heat, take out a stove top pan, and add in a little Olive Oil or Butter to it
- Once it heats up place your burgers in
- Cook each side for a few minutes (or to desired temperature)
- If you’re using Cheese add it on around a minute after you flip your burgers and cover if you want it to melt faster
- Fry up an Egg with a little Black Pepper on it
- Take out a thick slice of Lettuce that can fold over
- Add in your burger followed by some bacon, your fried egg, and whatever else you want on it
- Wrap it up
- Use whatever toppings you want!