Today is the day we can now mark as the day a burger for breakfast is completely acceptable! This delicious Keto Breakfast Burger recipe is packed with protein, takes 15 minutes or less to make, and has almost no carbs!
Start by shaping your burgers with some lean ground beef or turkey (I like 93/7 with this recipe). Shaping a burger should be quick and the most important part? Throw an indent in the middle of your keto breakfast burgers using your fingers, this will keep it flat while cooking.
If you’re preparing this keto breakfast burger on the stovetop, turn your burner on medium high heat. Put a little olive oil into your pan.
Once your pan heats up, place your burgers in. Cook them to whatever temperature you like your burgers at (medium or 160F/71C for me). If you want cheese on them, put some on a minute or two after you flip it.
If you want your cheese to melt faster use a lid to cover your pan for around 30 seconds.
Next, take out another pan and fry up an egg with a little black pepper on it.
Wait, WHAT? An egg on a burger? Seriously! It might sound weird to some of you but it takes a burger to another level, I promise.
Keto Breakfast Burger Bun
Last, grab some lettuce, peel off a thick slice that you can fold over, and place your burger in it. This piece of lettuce will act as your no carb bun!
On top of that put some bacon then follow with your fried egg.
Whatever else you want on it is up to you, I almost always go for the standard tomato and onion.
Wrap your keto breakfast burger up, let me know what your put on it in the comments below, and get ready for the game!
Some will say a burgers not a burger without a bun but if you’ve never had a burger wrapped in lettuce, you’re missing out!
Finish off your day with The Best Keto Cookies EVER!
15 Minute Keto Breakfast Burger
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 6 Ounces Ground Beef - or Turkey (I like 93/7)
- Olive Oil - or Butter (A little)
- 1 Slice Cheese - per Burger
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- Black Pepper - *Optional
- 2 Slices Bacon - per Burger
- Lettuce - *Optional
- Tomato - *Optional
- Onion - *Optional
- Shape your burgers and place an indent in the middle of each burger using your fingers (this helps them stay flat)
- Turn your burner on Medium High heat, take out a stovetop pan, and add in a little Olive Oil or Butter to it
- Once it heats up place your burgers in
- Cook each side for a few minutes (or to desired temperature)
- If you’re using Cheese add it on around a minute after you flip your burgers and cover if you want it to melt faster
- Fry up an Egg with a little Black Pepper on it
- Take out a thick slice of Lettuce that can fold over
- Add in your burger followed by some bacon, your fried egg, and whatever else you want on it
- Wrap it up
- Calories: 342
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 320mg
- Carbs: 4g Net Carbs = 1g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 41g