We’re back to keeping it simple since you all liked the 3 Ingredient Protein Cookies we did a couple weeks ago. Today, we’re doing another variation to this! These 5 Ingredient Protein Muffins only take a few minutes to prep and come in at under 70 calories a piece!
Start this one with a mixing bowl and a small ripe banana. The closer it looks to being thrown out, the better it’ll mix in!
Pro tip? It’s way easier to peel a banana by pinching the bottom of it and pulling it apart.
Add your peeled ripe banana into your bowl then mash it up with a fork, this just makes it easier to mix everything together.
Continue with 1/8 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, 1 large whole egg, 1 scoop of a chocolate or vanilla protein powder, and 4 tablespoon of a nut butter or nut butter alternative.
Don’t forget that substitutes and both US and metric conversions are featured below in the recipe card!
Go ahead and mix all of those ingredients together until smooth. You can use a hand mixer, blender, or food processor to speed this step it.
Protein Muffins or Bites
Last, take out a muffin pan or some silicone muffin cups and coat whatever you’re using with some non-stick cooking spray. I like making bite sized mini muffins with these so I’m using a mini muffin pan.
Evenly distribute your mix into whatever you’re using and top them with whatever you want like some mini chocolate chips!
Some of my other favorite toppings for these?
Protein Muffin Toppings
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Nuts (Pecans, Walnuts, etc)
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Baking M&M’s
- Sugar Free Chocolate/Chips
- Chia or Poppy Seeds
Put your 5 ingredient protein muffins into your oven on 350F/176C for around 10 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on them and if you’re making larger muffins? Keep them in longer!
In the end they should look something like this…
Around 4 1/2 grams of protein and only 69 calories a piece, it’s hard to go wrong! These also freeze great too so if you want to make a ton at a time for your meal prep, you can do that!
Looking for another simple recipe? Try some delicious Healthy Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese!
5 Ingredient Protein Muffins
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Small Banana - Ripe!
- ⅛ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Chocolate or Vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons Peanut Butter - or Other Nut Butter/Nut Butter Alternative like Sun Butter
- Peel and mash up your ripe Banana with a fork in a bowl (makes it easier to mix)
- Add in the rest of your ingredients
- Mix everything together
- Coat a muffin pan, mini muffin pan (my preference), or silicone cups with some non-stick cooking spray
- Evenly distribute your mix into whatever you're using
- Top your muffins with whatever you want like some sugar free chocolate chips or nuts
- Bake them on 350F/176C for around 10 minutes (longer for regular muffins)
- Calories: 693
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 360mg
- Carbs: 45g (Net Carbs: 36g)
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 24g
- Protein: 45g
- Calories: 69
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated Fat: .9g
- Sodium: 36mg
- Carbs: 4.5g (Net Carbs: 3.6g)
- Fiber: .9g
- Sugar: 2.4g
- Protein: 4.5g