I’ve been on a keto kick lately (if you couldn’t tell) so I’ve had to get a bit creative with some of my favorite recipes. The low carb wraps you’re about to see today have only 2 grams of net carbs and even your kids will like them!
First we gotta make our 0 carb tortillas and since it’s breakfast the best way to do this is with some eggs! Mix up 1 large egg and 3 large egg whites into a bowl, turn a burner on medium heat, and coat a stove-top pan with some non-stick cooking spray. Once your pan heats up, add your eggs in, throw on some black pepper, and cover for a couple minutes or until it moves around freely in your pan. Flip and repeat. If you did it right you should have a pretty solid egg “tortilla”.
Bored or sick of your regular egg tortilla? Add in other spices or herbs to switch up the flavor!
Next take out a baking sheet and line it with some parchment paper. Now in each tortilla you’re gonna wanna add in 1-2 ounces of some pre-cooked crumbled sausage (whether or not you wanna use a lower fat turkey sausage is up to you or if you don’t like pre-cooked stuff you can make your own sausage and crumble it up), 1/2 tablespoon of bacon bits, some chopped up peppers, 2-3 tablespoons of salsa, and 1/8 cup of your favorite cheese. You want them pretty thin so don’t overpack them. Roll them up tight, throw a couple toothpicks in them, place them seam side down, and then stick them in the oven on 425F/218C for around 8-10 minutes or until your cheese has melted (they should be a bit crispy on the outside too)!
Not only are these things addictive and delicious, they pack some seriously awesome macros too!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 3 Large Egg whites
- Black Pepper
- 1-2 Ounces (Cooked) Crumbled Sausage
- 1/2 Tablespoons (7g) Bacon Bits
- Chopped Peppers
- 2-3 Tablespoons Salsa
- 1/8 Cup (7g) Favorite Cheese
Calories in each wrap:
- Calories: 227
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 341mg
- Carbs: 4g (Net Carbs: 2g)
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 28g
How to make:
- Mix together your Eggs
- Take out a stove top pan, turn your burner on medium heat, and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your egg mix in, add on some Black Pepper, cover, and cook for a couple minutes or until your “egg tortilla” forms
- Flip it over and cook for another couple minutes
- Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper and add your egg tortilla onto it
- Pack your egg tortilla with the rest of your ingredients, roll it up tight, and throw some toothpicks in it
- Bake on 425F/218C for 8-10 minutes or until your cheese is melted
- Add in other vegetables, spices, herbs, etc to keep things fresh!
- Don’t overpack it!