We all know that I love dessert and if you’re like me the best time to eat dessert is anytime. Rather than finish your day with it, start your morning with these DELICIOUS Raspberry Oatmeal Protein Bites!
Start with two bowls. In one bowl add in and mix together 4 tablespoons or 28 grams of almond flour, 1 cup or 80 grams of rolled oats, 2 scoops or 60 grams of some Labrada Nutrition Vanilla LeanPro Whey or my Baking Protein, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
In your second bowl, which should be a bit bigger add in and mix together 1/2 cup or 123 grams of unsweetened apple sauce, 1/4 cup of your choice sweetener, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon of optional raspberry extract if you can find it.
Next, slowly add your rolled oats mix into that mix until everything is mixed together. Your batter should be a bit thick but not too thick.
Now you can either take out a baking or muffin pan depending on what you want to make. I like using a muffin pan with this recipe so I’ll go ahead and coat one of those with some non-stick cooking spray. After that fill your slots or pan and leave a little bit of mix off to the side. Since your batter should be thick you’ll want to press down to evenly distribute that layer. On top of that spread 4 tablespoons or 72 grams of a raspberry jam or other flavor jam, some chopped up fresh raspberries or other fruit, and anything else you want. Pour the remaining mix over the top of your raspberry layer and again, press down.
Bake your bars on 350F/176C for 15-20 minutes or until they’re browned!
These are seriously absolutely delicious and a great healthy way to start your morning. Complex carbs, protein, and healthy fats…what more could you ask for out of a dessert?
Here is the recipe:
- 4 Tablespoons (28g) Almond Flour
- 1 Cup (80g) Rolled Oats
- 2 Scoops (60g) LeanPro Whey Vanilla Protein Powder (or my Baking Protein)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Scoop (123g) Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Your Choice Sweetener
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Raspberry Extract *Optional
- 4 Tablespoons (72g) Raspberry Jam
- Fresh Raspberries
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 874
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 470mg
- Carbs: 99g
- Fiber: 15g
- Sugar: 37g
- Protein: 70g
Calories in 1 bite (if you make 6):
- Calories: 145
- Fat: .3g
- Saturated Fat: .3g
- Sodium: 78.3mg
- Carbs: 16.5g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sugar: 6.1g
- Protein: 11.6g
How to make:
- Take out a bowl
- Add in your Almond Flour, Rolled Oats, Protein Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt
- Mix those together
- Take out another bowl that’s a bit bigger
- Add in your Apple Sauce, Sweetener, Vanilla Extract, and Raspberry Extract
- Mix those together
- Slowly mix your rolled oats mix into that mix
- Take out a muffin or baking pan and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Pour most of your mix into your pan and press it in
- Evenly distribute your Jam and Raspberries on top of that
- Top it with the rest of your mix and press everything together
- Bake on 350F/176C for 15-20 minutes or until they are browned
- Use whatever fruit/jam you want to change up the flavor!
- Add in or on top some white chocolate chips!