Guess what? It’s SLOW COOKER SUNDAY! Today we’re gonna make an absolutely delicious and super easy Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup recipe. This tortilla soup is GREAT for meal prep and it’s PACKED with great macros!
Start this one by browning 2 pounds of lean ground beef or turkey. You could also use chicken, just make sure you cook it and either shred or break it up first.
Next, take out your slow cooker. You can optionally
Follow your meat with 1 can of enchilada sauce, 1 can of crushed or diced tomatoes, 1 can of chopped green chile peppers, 1 chopped up yellow onion, 1 package of frozen corn, some cilantro, 1 can of drained & rinsed black beans, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1 1/2 teaspoons of chili powder, a little salt & black pepper, 1-2 bay leaves, and 4 cups of your choice bone broth.
Personally, I like to pair mine bone broth with the meat I’m using. If I’m using turkey like I am today, I use turkey bone broth. Easy enough, right?
Slow Cooker Time
Mix all of those ingredients up. Throw your lid on and cook it on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Once it’s done you can portion it out and top it with some tortilla strips!
A couple tips:
Make your own tortilla strips for your tortilla soup if you can’t find bagged ones. You can do this by either crushing up some hard shell tacos or brushing some soft shell ones with oil and baking them until crisp!
Don’t worry If you’re on the go and don’t have a way to heat this one up. Why? Well, this slow cooker tortilla soup recipe tastes great cold!
Want another slow cooker soup to try? Try our low carb Slow Cooker Sriracha Chicken Soup recipe.
Delicious Slow Cooker Turkey Tortilla Soup
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef or Ground Turkey (Lean) 32 Ounces
- 1 Can Enchilada Sauce 538g
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes or Crushed 794g
- 1 Can Green Chile Peppers 127g (Chopped)
- 1 Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1 Package Corn 10 Ounces Frozen
- Cilantro Your choice
- 1 Can Black Beans 439g Drained & Rinsed (Low Sodium Preferred)
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Chili Powder
- Salt Your choice
- Black Pepper Your choice
- 1-2 Bay Leaves
- 4 Cups Bone Broth 32 Ounces
- Tortilla Strips
- Brown your Beef or Turkey
- Add all of your ingredients into your optionally lined slow cooker
- Mix everything together
- Cook it on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
- Calories: 2761
- Fat: 69g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Sodium: 3402mg
- Carbs: 250g (Net Carbs: 194g)
- Fiber: 56g
- Sugar: 67g
- Protein: 285g
- Calories: 394
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Sodium: 486mg
- Carbs: 35.7g (Net Carbs: 27.7g)
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 9.5g
- Protein: 40.7g