Inspiration for this recipe comes from our best friend here in New England, Dunkin’ Donuts! The unhealthy blueberry muffin will now be known as a healthy Protein Blueberry Muffins under 150 calories.
Who doesn’t want a fresh blueberry muffin every time they see one?!
All you need to do for this one is a mixing bowl. Add into it 3 large whole eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, 1/2 cup of coconut flour, 1 1/2 scoops of vanilla protein powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, an optional 1 tablespoon of sweetener, and 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries!
Mix everything together for a couple minutes or until it’s smooth.
If your mix comes out a little too thick, just add an extra egg white in there and you should be good.
Blueberry Muffin Size
Evenly distribute your mix into a muffin pan. If you want mini or jumbo muffins, that’s up to you.
You can also line your spots for easy clean up but that’s up to you too!
Top each protein blueberry muffin with a couple blueberries and throw them in the oven on 375F/190C for around 15-20 minutes. You’ll see them rise up, that’s when they’re done.
This healthier spin on a classic that’s usually overpriced, is an easy one. These protein blueberry muffins are DELICIOUS!
A couple tips I should throw out there:
- They won’t come out dry as long as you don’t bake too long.
- Coconut flour is packed with fiber! This recipes ends up with 24 grams of fiber. If you go by Net Carbs, you’re only looking at 7.5g per muffin.
- Prepping these for the week? Toss them in the microwave for around 10-20 seconds before you eat them and throw a little sliver of butter on them. Mouthwatering!
Try our absolutely delicious Protein Pumpkin Muffins next!
Easy Blueberry Protein Muffins
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 3 Large Whole Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce - 113g/4 Ounces
- ½ Cup Coconut Flour - 56g
- 1 ½ Scoops Protein Powder - Vanilla
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetener - *Optional
- ½ Cup Blueberries - Fresh
- Combine and mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl (mix on low so you don’t “burst” all of your blueberries)
- Take out a muffin pan, line it (optional), and evenly distribute your mix into each spot
- Top each muffin with a couple blueberries and press them in
- Bake on 375F/190C for around 15-20 minutes
- Calories: 784
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Sodium: 548mg
- Carbs: 70g (Net Carbs: 46g!)
- Fiber: 24g
- Sugar: 28g
- Protein: 63g
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Sodium: 91.3mg
- Carbs: 11.6g (Net Carbs: 7.6g)
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Protein: 10.5g