Inspiration for this recipe comes from our best friend here in New England, Dunkin’ Donuts! Who doesn’t want a fresh blueberry muffin every time they see one?! Today we reinvent the usually unhealthy blueberry muffin into a healthier alternative! These Protein Blueberry Muffins are DELICIOUS and under 150 calories!
All you need to do for this one is add into a bowl 3 large whole eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, 1/2 cup of coconut flour, 1 1/2 scoops of vanilla protein powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, an optional 1 tablespoon of a sweetener, and 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries!
Mix everything together until it’s smooth. If your mix comes out a little too thick, just add an extra egg white in there and you should be good.
You’re almost done!
Evenly distribute your mix into a muffin pan. You can line your spots for easy cleanup but that’s up to you! If you want mini or jumbo muffins, that’s up to you too.
Top each future protein blueberry muffin with a couple blueberries then throw them in the oven on 375F/190C for around 15-20 minutes. You’ll see them rise up and that’s when they’re done!
There you go, super easy protein blueberry muffins! This healthier spin on a classic that’s usually overpriced is an easy one. With only around 130 calories a piece, you can easily make a jumbo sized version with under 300!
As for the taste of these protein blueberry muffins, are you ready for it? It tastes like…a…blueberry muffin! Shocking right?
A couple tips I should throw out there:
- As long as you don’t bake them too long they won’t come out dry.
- Coconut flour is packed with fiber! This recipes ends up having 24 grams of fiber. If you go by Net Carbs, you’re only looking at 7.5g per muffin!
- Prepping these for the week? Toss them in the microwave for around 10-20 seconds before you eat them and throw a little sliver of butter on them. Mouthwatering!
Try our absolutely delicious Protein Pumpkin Muffins next!
Easy High Fiber Blueberry PROTEIN Muffins
- 3 Large Whole Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce 113g/4 Ounces
- ½ Cup Coconut Flour 56g
- 1 ½ Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetener *Optional
- ½ Cup Blueberries Fresh
- Combine and mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl (mix on low so you don’t “burst” all of your blueberries)
- Take out a muffin pan, line it (optional), and evenly distribute your mix into each spot
- Top each muffin with a couple blueberries and press them in
- Bake on 375F/190C for around 15-20 minutes
- Calories: 784
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Sodium: 548mg
- Carbs: 70g (Net Carbs: 46g!)
- Fiber: 24g
- Sugar: 28g
- Protein: 63g
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Sodium: 91.3mg
- Carbs: 11.6g (Net Carbs: 7.6g)
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Protein: 10.5g