We made it to another week and that means we’re back with a new recipe! You all voted on this one so we’re back today with a delicious, packed with protein, and super easy to make Low Carb Lasagna meal prep!
Start this one with a mixing bowl big enough to fit your ricotta or cottage cheese mix.
Add into it 2 large whole eggs, 15 ounces of a lower fat ricotta or cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning, and some chopped up chives or other preferred vegetables.
Mix those ingredients together until everything is combined.
Next, take out 20 ounces of either lean ground turkey or beef and brown it over medium heat. If you’re not using a lean enough meat make sure to drain it before moving onto the next step.
Once browned add in 1 1/2 cups of your favorite lower carb sauce and mix it in.
Let your sauce mix simmer on low heat for a couple minutes.
Low Carb Lasagna Options
From here you’ll need to find some low or no carb tortillas, I used Original Zero Net Carbs Tortillas by Mission.
Depending on the shape of the dish or pan you’re using for your low carb lasagna you may need to cut your tortillas up to fit all of the angles. I use some kitchen shears to quickly do this!
Can’t find or don’t have access to a low or no carb tortilla options? Cut up and use strips of zucchini instead!
Low Carb Lasagna Layers
Coat whatever you’re using with some non-stick cooking spray and layer your tortillas into the bottom.
The size and shape of your lasagna is up to you. Want more layers? Use a smaller dish or double the recipe!
For your next layer add in your ricotta or cottage cheese mix and evenly distribute it over your tortillas or zucchini.
Follow that that layer up with your sauce mix.
Repeat these layers until you get to your last layer which will be 1 cup of a shredded mozzarella cheese and 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
Put that into the oven on 350F/176C for around 35-40 minutes or until it looks like this…
I usually make 6-8 servings with this one!
Speaking of servings, I thought of a fun giveaway idea that I can do in all of my recipe videos. The giveaway? Testing your guesstimating! If you want to check it out and/or enter make sure to watch the video on our YouTube page!
Ready for dessert? Finish this meal off with a Microwave Protein Brownie!
Easy Low Carb Lasagna
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 15 Ounces Ricotta Cheese - or Cottage Cheese (Low Fat Preferred)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Chives - Your Choice or other Chopped Vegetable(s)
- 20 Ounces Ground Turkey - or Beef (Lean Preferred – I used 93/7)
- 1 ½ Cups Pasta Sauce - Low Carb
- Tortillas - Low/No Carb (Net Zero) or Zucchini Strips
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- Mix together your Eggs, Ricotta or Cottage Cheese, Italian Seasoning, and Chives or other chopped up vegetable(s)
- Brown your Beef or Turkey (drain if not using a lean meat)
- Mix in your Pasta Sauce and let that simmer for a couple minutes
- Coat your choice lasagna dish or pan with some non-stick cooking spray
- Add your Tortillas (cut them up if needed) or Zucchini strips into the bottom of your dish or pan
- Evenly distribute your Ricotta mix over the top of your Tortilla or Zucchini layer
- Evenly distribute your Beef or Turkey mix over the top of your Ricotta layer
- Repeat until you get to your last layer, your Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese
- Bake it on 350F/176C for around 35-40 Minutes
- Calories: 2209
- Fat: 105g
- Saturated Fat: 44g
- Sodium: 3120mg
- Carbs: 98g (Net Carbs: 28g)
- Fiber: 70g
- Sugar: 27g
- Protein: 218g
- Calories: 1768
- Fat: 92g
- Saturated Fat: 39g
- Sodium: 2002mg
- Carbs: 35g (Net Carbs: 28g)
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 27g
- Protein: 200g
- Calories: 221
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8g
- Sodium: 250.2mg
- Carbs: 4.3g
- Fiber: .8g
- Sugar: 3.3g
- Protein: 25g