Today is the day that we reinvent the burger into a keto friendly taco burger! Did I mention we’re gonna make a keto bun for it too? Lets jump right into these easy KETO BURGERS!
Start this one by adding into a bowl 1 pound of ground beef or turkey. I like either 80/20 or 85/15 for my burgers. Continue with 1 packet of a low sodium taco seasoning mix (make your own mix with the recipe in the video), 1 large whole egg, and a couple crushed up keto friendly cheese crackers or tortilla chips if you can afford the carbs. Mix those ingredients together.
Next go ahead and shape your burgers while throwing a little dimple into the middle of each one. This dimple helps the patty hold its shape when you cook them.
Throw those on your grill for around 4 minutes a side (or however long you want) and a few minutes before they’re done add a Jarlsberg cheese slice to the top of each one!
- Jarlsberg: http://www.jarlsberg.com/
Remove those from the grill and now it’s time to decide what you’re gonna use for a bun. Whenever I’m following a low carb or keto diet I either go with
- A piece of lettuce wrapped over it
- My keto bread recipe: https://theproteinchef.co/the-best-microwave-low-carb-keto-bread-recipe/
Ready to top them? Some lettuce, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, salsa, and guacamole all go great on these! With the mention of toppings here…what would you or will you add to these? Let me know in the comments below!
Don’t forget to submit your burgers creations with a slice of Jarlsberg cheese for a chance to win weekly prizes!
- Jarlsberg Giveaway: http://www.jarlsberg.com/us/burger
How To Make Easy Taco Keto Burgers
- 1 Pound Ground Beef or Turkey (I use 80/20 here)
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning Mix Low Sodium Preferred
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 1 Serving Keto Friendly Cheese Crackers Tortilla Chips if you can afford the carbs
- Jarlsberg Cheese
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Butter Melted
- 3 Tablespoons Almond Flour
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl
- Shape your burgers while throwing a dimple into the middle of each one (this helps the patty keep its shape)
- Put them on the grill and cook to your preferred temperature
- A few minutes before they’re done throw a Jarlsberg Cheese slice to the top of each one
- Add your ingredients into a small bowl (this will be the shape of your bun)
- Mix everything together
- Microwave 1-2 minutes
- Let cool and cut it in half
- Calories: 484
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 384mg
- Carbs: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 48g
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Sodium: 161.5mg
- Carbs: 10.3g (Net Carbs: 9.3g)
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 10.4g
This post is sponsored by Jarlsberg!