Today I’m gonna show you guys one of my favorite quick KETO FRIENDLY low carb snacks to take with me on the go!
You’re gonna start off by cracking 6 large eggs and 4 large egg whites into a bowl. After that add in 1/2 cup of some heavy cream (reduced fat if you want) and mix everything together. Next coat a muffin pan with some non-stick cooking spray. Now for the best part, BACON…not just any bacon but bacon that tastes SO good right out of the package you don’t even need to cook it, seriously!!! I’m not sure how mainstream Al Fresco is but this stuff is addicting (this isn’t a paid promotion either). Did I mention there’s only 15 calories in each slice and it’s chicken bacon? Yeah, true story. Any pre cooked bacon will work for this part though. With the bacon, all you wanna do is roll a slice up and place each one into a muffin spot, it’s that easy. Take out some vegetables (your choice), today I’m using 4 ounces of broccoli and 2 ounces of mushrooms which I’m gonna fry up real quick using 1/2 tablespoon of some olive oil. Evenly distribute those into your spots followed by 1/2 cup of reduced fat cheddar cheese and then your mix. Finish them off by sprinkling some more cheese and dill weed. Last, throw them in the oven on 350F/176C for around 15-20 minutes!
Check out the Labrada Nutrition YouTube for more great tips, advice, and recipes:
2.5 grams of net carbs per muffin, I don’t know what else to say! One question I know that’ll I’ll be asked is how to reheat these and to that I will say 10-15 seconds in the microwave should do the trick or just eat them cold, they’re absolutely delicious both ways!
Make a variation of this? Let me know in the comments below!
Here is the recipe:
- 6 Large Eggs
- 4 Large Egg Whites
- 1/2 Cup (4 Ounces) Heavy Cream (A lower fat one will work fine too)
- 12 Slices Fully Bacon
- 1/2 Cup (56g) Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Ounces Broccoli
- 2 Ounces Mushrooms
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- *Don’t like broccoli or mushrooms? Use whatever you want!
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 1264
- Fat: 80g
- Saturated Fat: 39g
- Sodium: 1404mg
- Carbs: 35g Net Carbs = 30g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 14g
- Protein: 101g
Calories in each muffin (if you make 12):
- Calories: 105
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Sodium: 117mg
- Carbs: 2.9g Net Carbs = 2.5g
- Fiber: .4g
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Protein: 8.4g
How to make:
- Mix together your Whole Eggs, Egg Whites, and Heavy Cream
- Take out a muffin pan, coat it with non-stick cooking spray, and add 1 Slice of Bacon to each spot making sure to roll them up so they fit perfectly around the edges
- Cook/microwave whatever vegetables you’re using and evenly distribute them into your spots
- Top your vegetables with your Cheese
- Pour your mix in
- Finish off by sprinkling on a little more Cheese and some Dill Weed
- Bake them on 350F/176C for around 15-20 minutes
- Reheat them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds or just eat them cold!