Lasagna is one of those things you probably love to eat and hate to make. It’s time consuming, you need a ton of ingredients, and did I mention…it’s time consuming? Let’s fix that and make some delicious Lazy Cottage Cheese Lasagna in 15 minutes or less!
This cottage cheese lasagna recipe is a little (lot!) healthier than the lasagna at your traditional family get together. We have 5 steps and the total prep time is around 10-15 minutes depending on how good you are at multitasking!
Step 1. Brown 1 pound of either lean ground turkey or beef and drain it if needed. Anything around 93/7 shouldn’t need to be drained.
Step 2. Add in and mix together a big jar (around 24-28 ounces) of your favorite healthy pasta sauce and any other herbs or seasonings you want. I like to throw in a little garlic seasoning.
Cook that on low for around 5 minutes.
Step 3. Cook and drain 8 ounces of egg noodles. These are gonna be the key to making this feel like a lasagna and a little go a long way which help with the macros a ton.
Step 4. Mix together 4 cups of cottage cheese, 1 container of plain fat free Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, and 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella.
I like to throw in a little parsley, salt, and ground pepper too. You don’t have to if you don’t have them, your cottage cheese lasagna will still be delicious either way!
Step 5. Add your noodles into the bottom of a large baking dish or a throwaway pan. Follow your noodles with your cheese mix then finish with your sauce mix.
Throwaway pans are great for meal prep! They come in a ton of different sizes and they’re cheap too.
Bake that on 350F/176C for around 25 minutes and 5-10 minutes before it’s done, sprinkle on a little mozzarella.
This Lazy Cottage Cheese Lasagna is delicious, macro balanced, and great for meal prep!
Could you eat this weekly? Absolutely.
Does it taste like lasagna. Yes.
Can you taste the cottage cheese? NO.
Can you eat this and lose weight? Yes.
Am I going to ask myself anymore questions? I don’t think so, but you can below in the comments!
Want another lasagna recipe? Try our Lasagna Dip!
Lazy Cottage Cheese Lasagna
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Pound Ground Beef - or Turkey (We use 93/7)
- 1 Jar Pasta Sauce - 24-28 Ounces and look for one with LOW SUGAR
- 8 Ounces Egg Noodles - 224g
- 4 Cups Cottage Cheese - 452g Fat Free
- 1 Container Greek Yogurt - Plain 5.3 Ounces/150g
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese - 40g
- 1 ½ Cups Mozzarella Cheese - Part Skim 228g
- Salt - *Optional
- Black Pepper - *Optional
- Herbs - *Optional
- Seasoning - *Optional
- Brown your meat (drain if not using a lean meat).
- Mix in your Pasta Sauce and other optional seasonings. Cook that on low for around 5 minutes.
- Cook and drain your Egg Noodles.
- Mix together your Cottage Cheese, Greek Yogurt, Parmesan, Mozzarella, and optional Parsley, Salt, or Black Pepper.
- Add your cooked noodles into the bottom of your dish or pan, cheese mix on top of those, and your sauce mix on top of that.
- Bake this on 350F/176C for 25 minutes and top with a little Mozzarella 5-10 minutes before it’s done.
- Calories: 381
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 525mg
- Carbs: 32g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Protein: 32.6g
- Calories: 3049
- Fat: 109g
- Saturated Fat: 48g
- Sodium: 4202mg
- Carbs: 256g
- Fiber: 24g
- Sugar: 43g
- Protein: 261g