Packed with over 100 grams of protein this Low Carb Lasagna Dip recipe is great for any occasion! Watching the game? Tailgating? Need something quick to prep for a party? Miss lasagna? This delicious, easy to make, keto friendly, and healthy dip recipe is for you!
You’re going to start by browning 1 pound of either lean ground beef or turkey. I like 93/7 for this one but anything over 90/10 will work great! If you’re using under 90/10 you may want to consider draining your beef or turkey a bit after browning it.
What does browning mean? It simply means to just cook your ground meat until it’s brown. I do this on the stove over medium heat and it typically takes just a few minutes.
Once your meat has browned add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 cups of crushed tomatoes, 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 1/4 cup of chopped red onion, 4 tablespoons of tomato paste, and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
Mix all of those ingredients together and let it simmer on low heat for around 10 minutes.
Low Carb Lasagna Dip Tips
- Want it spicy? Add in some chili sauce!
- Use herbs, spices, and/or seasonings to easily change up the flavor
- Add in more/other vegetables
After simmering take it off the heat and evenly distribute 1 1/2 cups of fat free cottage cheese into the bottom of an oven safe dish or pan (I like using a cast iron skillet).
On top of your cottage cheese add the meat mix that you just prepared followed by 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
Bake it on 350F/176C for around 15-20 minutes or until your cheese has melted/is bubbling.
You can eat this low carb lasagna dip by itself, with chips, vegetables, on a low carb bread, over rice or quinoa, and so on. Use whatever fits your macros and let me know your favorite way(s) to eat this in the comments below.
Ready for a low carb dessert? Try our Low Carb Protein Pancake Bites next!
Low Carb Lasagna Dip
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Pound Ground Beef - or Turkey
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Crushed Tomatoes - No Salt Added
- 4 Tablespoon Tomato Paste - No Salt Added
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- ¼ Cup Red Onion
- 1 ½ Cups Cottage Cheese - or Ricotta (Fat Free)
- 1 ½ Cups Mozzarella Cheese - Reduced Fat
- Take out a large stovetop pan brown your Ground Beef or Turkey
- Once browned add in the rest of your ingredients aside from your Cottage Cheese and Mozzarella
- Mix everything together and let it simmer on Low Heat for 10 minutes
- Take out a baking dish or pan and add your Cottage Cheese to the bottom of it
- Pour your mix on top of your Cottage Cheese
- Top your dish or pan with your Mozzarella
- Bake on 350F/176C for 15-20 minutes
- Calories: 1600
- Fat: 60g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Sodium: 1710mg
- Carbs: 76g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 37g
- Protein: 189g
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Sodium: 171mg
- Carbs: 7.6g
- Fiber: .9g
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Protein: 18.9g
Leave a Comment