So you’re dieting and there’s 1 food that’s almost always off the table. Can you guess what it is? PIZZA! Now what if we put pizza back on the table but without a crust that’s packed with carbs and keto friendly?? Would you be interested? If so…get ready to have a mouthgasm with our BURGER KETO PIZZA RECIPE!
Start off by taking out a stove top pan, adding in a little olive oil, and then browning 1 pound of lean ground beef or turkey on medium-high heat. It should take around 5 minutes and if you like garlic like I do add in some garlic powder or seasoning to it.
Johnny’s Garlic Spread and Seasoning: http://amzn.to/2qAFwka
After that drain it if there’s a ton of juice after browning it (the leaner the meat, the less juice you’ll have). Once it’s drained coat a pie dish with some non-stick cooking spray, add in your meat, and press down to shape your meat crust (yes, I said meat crust). Before you add your toppings on you’re gonna wanna add in 2-3 egg whites. This is what’s gonna bind your crust a bit so it doesn’t fall apart, just make sure you evenly distribute it. Now for your toppings add on some pizza or pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperonis, and anything else you like on your pizza.
Last throw it in the oven on 350F/176C for around 25-30 minutes or until your cheese is melted and you’re good to go.
This ones super easy to make your own. Season your meat however you want, throw on other vegetables or proteins, and so on. Another bonus is that it tastes great cold so if you won’t have access to an oven or microwave you can still take it with you!
What are some of your favorite pizza toppings? Let me know in the comments below!
Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Beef or Turkey
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Seasoning/Powder
- 2-3 Egg Whites
- 1/2 Cup Pizza or Pasta Sauce (Lowest sodium one you can find)
- 1 1/2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese (Fat Free, Reduced Fat, or Full Fat all work)
- *Optional Pepperoni Slices
- *Any other toppings you want
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 1178
- Fat: 50g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 1414mg
- Carbs: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 162g
Calories in each piece (if you cut 6):
- Calories: 196
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Sodium: 235.6mg
- Carbs: 3.3g
- Fiber: .3g
- Sugar: .5g
- Protein: 27g
How to make:
- Take out a stove top pan, add in a little Olive Oil, and brown your Beef or Turkey over Medium-High heat (it should take around 5 minutes)
- Drain your meat if there’s a lot of juice
- Coat a pie dish with some non-stick cooking spray and add your browned meat into it while pressing down to shape your “meat” crust
- Evenly distribute 2-3 Egg Whites into your meat crust
- Add on your toppings
- Bake it on 350F/176C for 25-30 minutes or until your cheese is melted
- It tastes great cold if you don’t have a way to heat it up!