The seasonal cravings are back and that means Protein Pumpkin Waffles are back on the table! This high protein waffle recipe is healthy, easy to make, low in sugar, packed with festive flavor, and guaranteed to satisfy those seasonal cravings.
To get your waffle mix smooth you’re going to need either a blender or food processor. If you don’t have either, here’s a link to the blender I’ve been using and recommend.
Add right into whatever you’re using 1 scoop of a vanilla protein powder, 3/4 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree, 3/4 cup of fat free cottage cheese, and 2 large egg whites.
Don’t like cottage cheese? Don’t worry, you can’t taste it at all when combined with other flavorful ingredients! If you still don’t think you’ll like it you can use Greek yogurt instead.
Blend or process everything together until your protein pumpkin waffles mix is smooth.
Take out a waffle maker, turn it on, and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray.
Once your waffle maker heats up, pour your mix in and cook your waffle for however long your waffle maker says to. This should be around 3-5 minutes.
Pro tip? You can make your protein pumpkin waffles chocolate by using a chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla.
Remove your waffle from your waffle maker and optionally top it!
Some of my favorite toppings?
- Sugar free syrup
- Whipped cream or cool whip
- Crushed up pecans or other nuts
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate Protein Spread
- Protein Forsting
Let us know your favorite topping(s) in the comments below!
Protein Pumpkin Waffles
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Vanilla (or Chocolate)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- ¾ Cup Cottage Cheese - Fat Free (or Greek Yogurt)
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¾ Cup Rolled Oats
- Combine all of your ingredients into a food processor or blender
- Process or blend everything together
- Turn your waffle maker on, let it heat up, and spray it with non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your mix in and let it cook for however long your waffle maker says to
- Calories: 465
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 514mg
- Carbs: 53g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 52g