The diet road might be rocky but at least it’ll be delicious with this Rocky Road Protein Oatmeal recipe! This protein oatmeal is packed with flavor, has great macros, and the best part? Tastes just like the ice cream made into a cake!
All you need to do for this recipe is to add into a microwaveable bowl 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1/4 teaspoon of butter extract, 1/4 cup of unsweetened milk substitute, and 2 large egg whites or 6 tablespoons of liquid egg whites.
Mix all of those rocky road protein oatmeal ingredients together.
Put your bowl into the microwave for for :90 seconds, mix everything around again, and microwave it for an additional :90 seconds.
Depending on how powerful your microwave is you may need more or less time.
While your protein oatmeal is still hot add in 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1/2 tablespoons of chocolate chips, 1 scoop of a chocolate protein powder, 1/2 an ounce of pecan chips, 2 tablespoons of marshmallows bits, and 1 teaspoon of light brown sugar.
Did you know that cocoa powder has no sugar in it and 2g of fiber per 10 calories?
Mix everything together and top it with whatever you want! I topped mine with some more pecan chips, marshmallow bits, and chocolate chips!
To lower the calories and fat in this recipe you can exclude the pecan chips.
Try our Rocky Road Protein Dip next!
Rocky Road Protein Oatmeal
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ Cup Milk Substitute - or Milk (4 Ounces)
- ¼ Teaspoon Butter Extract
- 6 Tablespoons Liquid Egg Whites - 96g (or 2 Large Egg Whites)
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats - 40g
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder - 10g
- ½ Tablespoon Chocolate Chips - 7.5g Semi-Sweet
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - 30g Chocolate
- 1 Teaspoon Light Brown Sugar - 4g
- 2 Tablespoons Marshmallow Bits - 5g
- ½ Ounce Pecans - 14g Chips
- Take out a microwavable safe bowl and add your Rolled Oats, Milk, Butter Extract, and Liquid Egg Whites into it
- Lightly mix everything together
- Microwave for :90 seconds, mix everything around a bit, and microwave for an additional :90 seconds
- Add in the rest of your ingredients
- Mix those in
- Calories: 550
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 419mg
- Carbs: 52g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 17g
- Protein: 45g