Keep muffins in your diet with these low carb and keto friendly Spinach & Feta Tuna Egg Muffins! This high protein recipe is PACKED with healthy fats, easy to make with endless variations, and great for meal prep!
All you need for this one is an oven, a mixing bowl, a muffin pan, and a couple ingredients.
Start by adding right into your bowl 2 large whole eggs, 2 large egg whites, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of oregano, 2 ounces of feta cheese, and 1/2 cup of chopped up spinach.
Mix those ingredients together with a fork.
Change up the flavor and macros of your spinach & feta tuna egg muffins by adding in other vegetables, protein (even tofu!), seasonings, and so on.
Take out a muffin pan, coat it with some non-sticking cooking spray, and evenly distribute 2 cans of tuna into the bottoms of your spots. Make sure to drain your tuna before adding it in.
Pour your mix across the top of your tuna and add in 4 tablespoons of salsa on top of that. You’ll want to flatten the tops down with the back of a fork before you put them into the oven.
Put your spinach & feta tuna egg muffins into the oven on 350F/176C for 25-30 minutes.
Take them out, top them with whatever you want, and devour!
My favorite spinach & feta tuna egg muffins toppings?
Tuna Egg Muffin Topping
- More salsa
- Chili sauce
- Cottage cheese
- Fat free/Greek yogurt dressings
- Homemade dip
Did I mention that these taste just as good cold!?
How about some dessert muffins next? Try our Birthday Cake Protein Muffins!
Spinach & Feta Tuna Egg Muffins
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Large Whole Eggs - or 4 Large Egg Whites
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- ½ Cup Spinach
- 2 Ounces Feta Cheese - 56g
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Cans Tuna - 8 Ounces (or Canned Chicken/Salmon Cooked Ground Beef/Turkey)
- 4 Tablespoons Salsa - 30g
- Add all of your ingredients aside from your Tuna and Salsa into a bowl
- Mix those together
- Take out a muffin pan and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Drain your Tuna and evenly distribute it into your muffin pan
- Follow with your mix then Salsa
- Flatten out your muffins and bake them on 350F/176C for 25-30 minutes
- Calories: 488
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 674mg
- Carbs: 7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 70g
- Calories: 81
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Sodium: 112.3mg
- Carbs: 1.1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: .6g
- Protein: 11.6g