Tuesday is here and that means it’s time for a taco! Change up your routine this week and try our high protein Taco Tuna Bean Dip! This canned tuna recipe is packed with taco flavor in every bite, easy to make, and great for meal prep.
Start this one by draining 2 5 ounce cans of tuna and adding them into a baking dish that’s big enough to fit all of your ingredients. Keep in mind that the size of the dish you’re using may change up the cooking time.
Continue by adding into your dish 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal, 2 tablespoons of diced green chiles, 12 tablespoons of your choice salsa, 1 teaspoon of parsley, 1 can of cooked and drained reduced sodium black beans, 2 tablespoons of reduced fat mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons of a low sodium taco seasoning mix, and 1 container of a plain Greek yogurt.
Did you know that flaxseed meal is a great cheap source of healthy fats, fiber, and protein?
You can cook your black beans however you want. I usually just add mine right into a microwavable dish and microwave them for around 2 minutes. After the microwave I’ll drain them and add them in.
Mix all of those ingredients together while mashing in your beans with a fork until everything for your taco tuna bean dip is incorporated.
Sprinkle on 1/2 cup of reduced fat cheddar cheese or your favorite taco cheese and put it into the oven on 350F/176C for 10 minutes.
Remove your dip from the oven and get ready to devour!
You can eat this dip by itself, with chips, in a tortilla, on your favorite rice cake, and so on. Let us know some healthy ways you eat this in the comments below.
Pro tip? Switch up the flavor or temperature of your recipe with your salsa!
How about some Sweet and Sour Tuna Balls next?
Taco Tuna Bean Dip
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Cans Tuna - 10 Ounces/284g
- 12 Tablespoons Salsa - 186g
- 3 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning Mix - 18g (Low Sodium)
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley
- 15 Ounces Black Beans - 425g Reduced Sodium
- 2 Tablespoons Green Chiles - 30g
- 5.3 Ounces Greek Yogurt - 150g Plain Fat Free
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal - 13g
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Minced Garlic - or 3 Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise - 28g Reduced Fat
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese - 56g Reduced Fat
- Drain your Tuna
- Add it into a large baking dish
- Cook and drain your Beans
- Add your Beans and the rest of your ingredients aside from your Cheese into your baking dish
- Mix everything together
- Sprinkle your Cheese over the top
- Bake on 350F/176C for 10 minutes
- Calories: 1138
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 2550mg
- Carbs: 107g
- Fiber: 32g
- Sugar: 17g
- Protein: 110g
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Sodium: 637.5mg
- Carbs: 26.7g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Protein: 27.5g