Low carb this, keto that, don’t eat this…eat that. The choice is yours with this super easy to make Low Carb & Keto Friendly Pizza recipe. I think most of us can agree that pizza is delicious so lets keep it in our diets but remove the guilt!
All you need for this one is about 10 minutes of your time, an oven, and a cast iron pan! Check out mine here: http://amzn.to/2jQJ00O if you don’t have one, it’s a top investment for any kitchen.
Part 1. Take out and add into a bowl 1 pound of ground meat. This could be ground turkey, beef, chicken, and so on. It’s also up to you what fat content you want this to have (those of you on keto probably wanna use something like 80/20). Today I’m using 93/7 and that’s what the calories below are based off of. Next add in 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella or other cheese and whatever else you want to flavor up your crust. I like a teaspoon of garlic seasoning…this stuff specifically. Mix all of those up good (use your hands to make things easier).
Part 2. Press that mix into your cast iron pan, doing your best to shape a crust. It’ll shrink up a bit too so keep that in mind!
Part 3. Bake that crust on 400F/204C for 20 minutes and then drain it. The higher the fat content, the more you’ll have to drain here.
Part 4. Add your favorite pizza sauce on, 1/2 cup of mozzarella or other cheese, and your favorite toppings. Today I’m going with some bacon bits and 4 slices of pepperoni. Throw that back into the oven on 400F/204C for 15-20 minutes.
TIP: It’s easy enough to add this recipe into your calorie tracker so switch it however you want to!
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 1285
- Fat: 69g
- Saturated Fat: 36g
- Sodium: 1504mg
- Carbs: 15g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 151g
Calories in each serving (1/4 Pizza):
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 17.2g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 376mg
- Carbs: 3.7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: .5g
- Protein: 37.7g
Ingredients in the Crust:
- 1 Pound (16 Ounces) Ground Meat (Turkey, Beef, Chicken, etc)
- 1 1/2 Cups (168g) Mozzarella or Other Cheese (Full, Reduced, or Fat Free is up to you and your diet)
- 1-2 Teaspoons Garlic Seasoning *Optional (Use other seasonings, herbs, spices, and so on to change up the flavor)
- Your Favorite Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 Cup (56g) Mozzarella or Other Cheese (Full, Reduced, or Fat Free is up to you and your diet)
- Bacon Bits, Pepperoni Slices, Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers, Pineapple…whatever YOU want that fits YOUR diet!
- TIP: It’s easy enough to add this recipe into your calorie tracker so switch it however you want to!
How to make:
- Mix together your Ground Meat, Cheese, and optional Garlic Seasoning or other ingredients
- Press that mix into your cast iron pan, doing your best to shape a crust
- Bake your crust on 400F/204C for 20 minutes and then drain it
- Add your toppings on and throw it back in the oven on 400F/204C for around 15-20 minutes
The calories you see are for the pizza without the toppings. You can add in your topping yourself easily enough. You could also chop this recipe in half or even smaller for a single serving if you have a smaller cast iron pan!
Does it have the exact texture of a fully loaded high carb pizza? No, but it does have the taste and it is actually delicious. I don’t know about you guys but if something has great macros, it by default always tastes a little bit better!