Low carb this, keto that. Don’t eat this, eat that. The choice is yours with this super easy to make Low Carb Keto Pizza recipe. I think most of us can agree that pizza is delicious so let’s keep it in our diets but remove the guilt!
All you need for this one is about 10 minutes of your time, an oven, and a cast iron pan! Check out mine here if you don’t have one, it’s a top investment for any kitchen.
Part 1. Take out and add into a bowl 1 pound of ground meat. This could be ground turkey, beef, chicken, and so on. It’s also up to you what fat content you want this to have. Those of you on keto probably wanna use something like 80/20. Today I’m using 93/7 for our keto pizza and that’s what the calories below are based off of.
Read more here about what foods to eat on the keto diet!
Next add in 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella or other cheese and whatever else you want to flavor up your crust. I like a teaspoon of garlic seasoning (this stuff specifically). Mix all of those up good! I like to use my (clean) hands to make things easier.
Keto Pizza Crust
Part 2. Press that mix into your cast iron pan, doing your best to shape a crust. It’ll shrink up a bit too so keep that in mind!
Part 3. Bake that keto crust on 400F/204C for 20 minutes and then drain it. The higher the fat content in your low carb keto pizza, the more you’ll have to drain here.
Keto Pizza aka Meatza
Part 4. Add your favorite pizza sauce on, 1/2 cup of mozzarella or other cheese, and your favorite toppings. Today I’m going with some bacon bits and 4 slices of pepperoni. Throw that low carb keto pizza back into the oven on 400F/204C for 15-20 minutes.
The calories you see are for the low carb keto pizza without the toppings. You can add in your topping yourself easily enough. You could also chop this recipe in half or even smaller for a single serving if you have a smaller cast iron pan!
Does it have the exact texture of a fully loaded high carb pizza? No, but it does have the taste and it is actually delicious. I don’t know about you guys but if something has great macros, it by default always tastes a little bit better.
Want another pizza option? Check these Zucchini Pizza Boats out!
The Best & Easiest Low Carb Keto Pizza
- 1 Pound Ground Meat (Turkey, Beef, Chicken, etc) 16 Ounces
- 1 ½ Cups 168g Mozzarella or Other Cheese (Full, Reduced, or Fat Free is up to you and your diet) or Other Cheese (Full, Reduced, or Fat Free is up to you and your diet) 168g
- 1-2 Teaspoons Garlic Seasoning Use other seasonings, herbs, spices, and so on to change up the flavor *Optional
- Pizza Sauce Your Favorite
- ½ Cup Mozzarella or Other Cheese (Full, Reduced, or Fat Free is up to you and your diet) or Other Cheese (Full, Reduced, or Fat Free is up to you and your diet) 56g
- Bacon Bits Pepperoni Slices, Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers, Pineapple, whatever YOU want that fits YOUR diet!
- Mix together your Ground Meat, Cheese, and optional Garlic Seasoning or other ingredients
- Press that mix into your cast iron pan, doing your best to shape a crust
- Bake your crust on 400F/204C for 20 minutes and then drain it
- Add your toppings on and throw it back in the oven on 400F/204C for around 15-20 minutes
- Calories: 1285
- Fat: 69g
- Saturated Fat: 36g
- Sodium: 1504mg
- Carbs: 15g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 151g
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 17.2g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 376mg
- Carbs: 3.7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: .5g
- Protein: 37.7g