Low carb this, keto that. Don’t eat this, eat that. The choice is yours with this super easy to make Low Carb Keto Pizza recipe!
I think most of us can agree that pizza is delicious and that it’s tough to get rid of on any diet. Today, let’s keep it in our diets but remove the guilt!
All you need for this one is about 10 minutes of your time, an oven, and a cast iron pan. Check out mine below if you don’t have one, it’s a top investment for any kitchen!
4 Keto Pizza Parts
Part 1. Take out and add into a bowl 1 pound of ground meat. This could be ground turkey, beef, chicken, and so on.
It’s also up to you what fat content you want this to have. Those of you on keto probably want to use something like 80/20. I’m using 93/7 for our keto pizza today and that’s what the calories below are based off of.
Read more here about what foods to eat on the keto diet.
Next, add in 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella or other cheese and whatever else you want to flavor up your crust. I like a teaspoon of garlic seasoning.
Mix all of those up good. I use my (clean) hands to make things easier.
Keto Pizza Crust
Part 2. Press that mix into your cast iron pan, doing your best to shape a crust. It’ll shrink up a bit too so keep that in mind.
Part 3. Bake that keto crust on 400F/204C for 20 minutes and drain it if needed. The higher the fat content in your keto pizza, the more you’ll have to drain here.
Keto Pizza aka Meatza
Part 4. Add your favorite pizza sauce on, 1/2 cup of mozzarella or other cheese, and your favorite toppings. I’m going with some bacon bits and 4 slices of pepperoni today.
Throw that keto pizza back into the oven on 400F/204C for 15-20 minutes.
The calories you see below are for the low carb keto pizza without the toppings. You can add in your topping(s) yourself easily enough.
You could also chop this recipe in half or even smaller for a single serving if you have a smaller cast iron pan.
Does it have the exact texture of a fully loaded high carb pizza? No, but it does have the taste and it is actually delicious. I don’t know about you guys but if something has great macros, it by default always tastes a little bit better!
Want another pizza option? Check these Zucchini Pizza Boats out!
Easy Low Carb Keto Pizza
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Pound Ground Meat - (Turkey, Beef, Chicken, etc) 16 Ounces
- 1 ½ Cups Mozzarella Cheese - 168g or Other Cheese (Full, Reduced, or Fat Free is up to you and your diet) 168g
- 1-2 Teaspoons Garlic Seasoning - Use other seasonings, herbs, spices, and so on to change up the flavor *Optional
- Pizza Sauce - Your Favorite
- ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese - or Other Cheese (Full, Reduced, or Fat Free is up to you and your diet) 56g
- Bacon Bits - Pepperoni Slices, Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers, Pineapple, whatever YOU want that fits YOUR diet!
- Mix together your Ground Meat, Cheese, and optional Garlic Seasoning or other ingredients
- Press that mix into your cast iron pan, doing your best to shape a crust
- Bake your crust on 400F/204C for 20 minutes and then drain it
- Add your toppings on and throw it back in the oven on 400F/204C for around 15-20 minutes
- Calories: 1285
- Fat: 69g
- Saturated Fat: 36g
- Sodium: 1504mg
- Carbs: 15g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 151g
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 17.2g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 376mg
- Carbs: 3.7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: .5g
- Protein: 37.7g