Start your morning bringing a campfire to breakfast! This Toasted Marshmallow Protein Oatmeal recipe is packed with diet friendly macros, absolutely delicious, and takes 5 minutes or less to make!
Add into a bowl (mixing or serving) 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla milk substitute, 1 large egg white, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Lightly mix those ingredients together and put it into the microwave for 2 minutes.
Depending on how powerful your microwave is this may take more or less time. The most important part of this recipe is to make sure your egg white is cooked into your oatmeal.
Diet tip? Double or triple the recipe below and store your oatmeal in some half pint mason jars.
While your toasted marshmallow protein oatmeal is still hot you’re going to mix in 3 toasted marshmallows.
How To Toast Marshmallows
You can easily toast your marshmallows by either using the broiler in your oven or by using a food torch like this.
Continue by adding in 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar, 1 1/2 scoops of a vanilla protein powder, and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese.
Want to switch up the flavor? Use a chocolate protein powder or any other flavor that compliments marshmallow next time!
Mix all of your toasted marshmallow protein oatmeal ingredients together and top it! I topped mine with 1/2 a toasted marshmallow and some mini marshmallows.
Don’t like hot oatmeal? Eat this one cold, it tastes just as good…if not better!
How about some S’mores Cheesecake Protein Cupcakes next!?
Toasted Marshmallow Protein Oatmeal
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 Large Egg White
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 4 Marshmallows - Toasted
- ¼ Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- ¼ Cup Cottage Cheese - Fat Free (or Low Sugar Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt)
- 1 ½ Scoops Protein Powder - Vanilla
- Take out a microwavable safe bowl and add your Rolled Oats, Milk, Vanilla Extract, and Egg White into it
- Lightly mix everything together
- Microwave for 2 minutes or until your Egg White is cooked in
- Toast 3 Marshmallows using your broiler or a butane torch
- Add those in and mix everything together
- Add in the rest of your ingredients aside from your last Marshmallow and mix those
- Top with 1 Toasted Marshmallow
- Calories: 509
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 448mg
- Carbs: 58g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 20g
- Protein: 58g
Leave a Comment