I think it’s finally time my protein cheesecake settles down. Today, we’re swiping left and giving our favorite recipe a low carb crust! This Easy Protein Cheesecake with a Crust recipe is delicious, protein packed, and fit for almost any diet.
Here’s the deal…this easy protein cheesecake, unlike my other ones, is going to be a bit higher in fat. Why? Because we aren’t using fat free ingredients.
Fat free cream cheese tends to have double the carbs compared to reduced or full fat which only has 2 grams of carbs per serving.
Basically, if you want this to be low in fat but a bit higher in carbs, you can use fat free instead.
Protein Cheesecake Crust
First, we have to prep the crust so that it doesn’t fall apart when we cut our low carb protein cheesecake. To do this, take out a small bowl.
Add into it 2 tablespoons of melted butter or coconut oil and 1/2 up or 56 grams of almond flour. If you want your crust to run up the sides, double this portion of the recipe.
Mix those two ingredients together and press them firmly into a 6×2 pan lined with parchment paper.
Bake your low carb cheesecake crust on 350F/176C for 8-12 minutes or until it’s lightly browned and take it out.
Before we move on I have to say that if you’re using a bigger or smaller pan, you’re going to have to play with the cooking times.
To keep it simple, a smaller pan will take longer and a bigger pan will take less time. Keep an eye on it until you hit that beautiful lightly browned color!
If you need or want the pan I’m using, you can purchase the exact pan here. I’ve used this one for almost all of my protein cheesecake recipes.
Low Carb Protein Cheesecake
Once your low carb crust is done, take a bowl big enough for all of your cheesecake ingredients.
Add into it 16 ounces full or reduced fat cream cheese (fat free if you don’t mind the extra carbs), 2 containers of a low sugar Greek yogurt, 2 scoops of your choice flavor protein powder, 1 large whole egg, 2 large egg whites, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup of your choice sweetener.
Choose flavors that compliment each other. Vanilla Greek yogurt with vanilla protein powder, banana Greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder, and so on. Let me know your favorite combinations in the comments below!
Mix those ingredients together then pour your mix into your low carb protein cheesecake pan.
Continue by melting 2 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips and pouring the melted chocolate on top of your cheesecake. Cut that chocolate in using a knife to give it a delicious, marbled look.
The easiest way to melt your chocolate chips is to microwave them for :15 seconds, stir, and repeat until they’re melted.
Last, bake your easy protein cheesecake on 325F/162C for 30-35 minutes. Drop your temperature to 200F/93C after that and bake for an additional 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Let your cheesecake cool for a bit, wrap it up, and put into the fridge for a couple hours!
This is without question my favorite cheesecake recipe to date. If you like any of my past protein cheesecake recipes, you’ve got to try this one.
If you’ve never had one? This is the one to start with!
Try our some Protein Cheesecake Balls next!
Easy Protein Cheesecake with a Crust
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter - or Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Almond Flour - 56g
- 16 Ounces Cream Cheese - 454g Reduced, Full, or Fat Free
- 2 Containers Greek Yogurt - 300g Fat Free
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder - 60g Vanilla
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Sweetener - Your choice
- 1-2 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips - Semi-Sweet
- Melt your Butter or Coconut Oil
- Combine and mix together your melted Butter or Coconut Oil and Almond Flour in a bowl
- Take out a 6×2 pan, line it with some parchment paper, and press your mix into it
- Bake your crust on 350F/176C for 8-12 minutes or until it’s lightly browned
- In another bowl mix together the rest of your ingredients aside from your Chocolate Chips
- Pour your mix on top of your crust
- Melt your chocolate chips
- Pour your melted chocolate and cut it into your cheesecake with a knife to give it that beautiful marbled look
- Bake your cheesecake on 325F/162C for 30-35 minutes, drop your temperature to 200F/93C and continue baking for 50 minutes-1 hour
- Remove your cheesecake, let it cool for a couple hours, or wrap it up and put it into the fridge overnight (my preference)
- Calories: 1807
- Fat: 111g
- Saturated Fat: 54g
- Sodium: 1706mg
- Carbs: 69g
- Fiber: 20g
- Sugar: 38g
- Protein: 133g
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7g
- Sodium: 213.2mg
- Carbs: 8.6g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Protein: 16.6g
- Calories: 1468
- Fat: 60g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Sodium: 2406mg
- Carbs: 81g
- Fiber: 20g
- Sugar: 44g
- Protein: 151g
- Calories: 183
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 300.7mg
- Carbs: 10.1g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sugar: 5.5g
- Protein: 18.8g