Alright so its been a few years now and I think it’s finally time my protein cheesecake settles down. Don’t get me wrong, my cheesecake recipes are some of my favorites but you can only hold back from your other half for so long. Long story short, today we’re swiping left and giving my protein cheesecake a low carb crust! Did I mention we’re also gonna turn it into a LOW CARB CHEESECAKE too?!
Here’s the deal, this cheesecake unlike my other ones is gonna be a bit higher in fat because we aren’t using fat free ingredients. Fat free cream cheese tends to have double the carbs compared to reduced or full fat which only have 2 grams of carbs per serving so if you want this to be low in fat but a bit higher in carbs you can use fat free instead.
First, we have to prep the crust so that it doesn’t fall apart when we cut our cheesecake. To do this take out a small bowl and add into 2 tablespoons of melted butter or coconut oil and 1/2 up or 56 grams of almond flour. Mix those two ingredients together and press them firmly into a 6×2 pan lined with parchment paper. Bake your crust on 350F/176C for 8-12 minutes or until it’s lightly browned and then take it out.
Before we move on I have to say that if you’re using a bigger or smaller pan you’re gonna have to play with the cooking times. A smaller pan will take longer and a bigger pan will take less time so keep an eye on it. To purchase the exact pan that I use for all of my cheesecake recipes you can click right here, it’s around 10 bucks shipped.
Next, take a bowl big enough for all of your cheesecake ingredients and add into it 16 ounces or 454 grams of full or reduced fat cream cheese (or fat free if you don’t mind the extra carbs), 2 containers or 300 grams of the lowest carb Greek yogurt you can find, 2 scoops or 60 grams of my Baking Protein, 1 large whole egg, 2 large egg whites, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup of your choice sweetener. Mix those ingredients together and pour your mix into your pan. After that melt 2 tablespoons of some semi-sweet chocolate chips (the easiest way is to microwave them for :15 seconds, mix them together, and repeat until they’re melted), pour the chocolate on top of your cheesecake, and cut it in with a knife to give it that delicious marbled look.
Last bake your cheesecake on 325F/162C for 30-35 minutes then drop your temperature to 200F/93C and bake for an additional 50 minutes to 1 hour. Let your cheesecake cool for a couple hours or my preference, wrap it up and put into the fridge overnight!
This is without question my favorite cheesecake recipe to date so if you like my past cheesecakes or if you’ve yet to try one…you gotta try this one!!!
- 6×2 Cake Pan (the one I use in ALL of my cheesecake recipes):
Here is the recipe for the crust:
- 2 Tablespoons Butter or Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup (56g) Almond Flour
Here is the recipe for the cheesecake:
- 16 Ounces (454g) Reduced, Full, or Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 2 Containers (300g) Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 2 Scoops (60g) Baking Protein (or Vanilla Protein Powder)
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Your Choice Sweetener
- 1-2 Tablespoons Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Calories in the WHOLE recipe w/ Reduced Fat Cream Cheese:
- Calories: 1807
- Fat: 111g
- Saturated Fat: 54g
- Sodium: 1706mg
- Carbs: 69g
- Fiber: 20g
- Sugar: 38g
- Protein: 133g
Per Slice (8 Slices):
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7g
- Sodium: 213.2mg
- Carbs: 8.6g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Protein: 16.6g
Calories in the WHOLE recipe w/ Fat Free Cream Cheese:
- Calories: 1468
- Fat: 60g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Sodium: 2406mg
- Carbs: 81g
- Fiber: 20g
- Sugar: 44g
- Protein: 151g
Per Slice (8 Slices):
- Calories: 183
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 300.7mg
- Carbs: 10.1g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sugar: 5.5g
- Protein: 18.8g
How to make:
- Melt your Butter or Coconut Oil
- Combine and mix together your melted Butter or Coconut Oil and Almond Flour in a bowl
- Take out a 6×2 pan, line it with some parchment paper, and press your mix into it
- Bake your crust on 350F/176C for 8-12 minutes or until it’s lightly browned
- In another bowl mix together the rest of your ingredients aside from your Chocolate Chips
- Pour your mix on top of your crust
- Melt your chocolate chips
- Pour your melted chocolate and cut it into your cheesecake with a knife to give it that beautiful marbled look
- Bake your cheesecake on 325F/162C for 30-35 minutes, drop your temperature to 200F/93C and continue baking for 50 minutes-1 hour
- Remove your cheesecake, let it cool for a couple hours, or wrap it up and put it into the fridge overnight (my preference)
- Double your crust recipe and you’ll be able to press your crust onto the sides!
- Top your cheesecake with whatever you want before the oven!