Combine your love for jalapeños with your love for tacos! These Low Carb Jalapeño Tacos are packed with flavor, low calorie, keto friendly, and just spicy enough! Did I mention you only need a couple ingredients to make them!?
Start these jalapeño tacos by browning your meat. You can use ground beef, turkey, or chicken. The leanness of your meat will depends on your macro requirements (I usually prefer 93/7).
To brown your meat all you need to do is take out a pan and turn your burner on medium high heat. Add your ground meat, break it up, and keep it moving until browned. The whole process should take around 5-10 minutes.
Once browned, take a large bowl. In this bowl you’ll want to add 4 ounces of cream cheese, 4 ounces of your browned meat, and 1/2 tablespoon of taco seasoning mix.
Mix those together. Using a hand mixer will make things easier here!
To prepare your jalapeños (8 of them) you’ll need to slice them down the long end and remove the seeds. I use a spoon to scoop out the seeds, it’s super easy. The more seeds you leave in, the more heat your jalapeño tacos will have.
If you need help understanding this part just take a look at the finished product below. You essentially want to create a jalapeño “boat”.
Baked Jalapeño Tacos
Place your jalapeños on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and stuff them with the taco mix you just made. You should be able to use all of it.
Top your jalapeño tacos with some cooked corn, 1/4 cup of your choice cheese, and anything else you want.
Bake them on 400F/204C for 22 minutes.
Add in or top these with your favorites to make endless taco variations!
Ready for a low carb breakfast? Try our Fluffy Low Carb Pancakes next!
Low Carb Jalapeño Tacos
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese - Fat Free
- 4 Ounces Ground Beef - I prefer 93/7 (or Ground Turkey)
- ½ Tablespoon Taco Seasoning Mix
- 8 Jalapeños
- ¼ Cup Mexican Cheese - Reduced Fat
- Brown your meat by cooking
- Add your Cream Cheese, Meat, and Taco Seasoning Mix into a bowl
- Mix everything together
- Cut your Jalapeños down the long way ( you want to open up the top with a little sliver)
- Deseed your Jalapeños by using a spoon or your hand and scooping them out (the more seeds you leave, the spicier they’ll be)
- Stuff your Jalapeños with your mix
- Top them with your Corn and Cheese
- Bake on 400F/204C for 22 minutes
- Calories: 369
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 392mg
- Carbs: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 9g
- Protein: 46g