Look no further, your next protein packed sandwich has arrived! This Easy Ham & Grilled Cheese recipe is absolutely delicious, quick, and you only need a few ingredients to make it!
First, you’ll need a pan and your favorite high protein bread. I’m using a white bread today but whatever kind of bread you want to use is up to you.
All you need to do here is to start by taking each piece of your high protein bread and lightly coating one side with some mayonnaise. You shouldn’t need more than a teaspoon or two.
Place those pieces mayonnaise side down.
On the dry side of one piece you’ll want to place 2 slices of your choice cheese, some spinach, and a couple slices of deli ham.
Take that piece of your grilled cheese and place the mayonnaise coated side into a pan on low-medium heat for a couple minutes.
Once your cheese starts to melt, add on another slice of your choice cheese. I like mozzarella and muenster for this one.
Close off your ham & grilled cheese with your other piece and flip it over!
Continue cooking it for another couple minutes.
You’ll know your sandwich is done when it looks like this!
Yes, it tastes just as good (if not better) than it looks! The best part? The whole recipe takes no time at all!
Ready to try out Baked Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese next?
Easy Ham & Grilled Cheese
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Slices Bread
- 1-2 Teaspoons Mayonnaise - Per Slice *Reduced Fat Preferred
- 3 Slices Cheese - Your Choice (I like Mozzarella & Muenster)
- 1 Handful Spinach - Baby or Chopped
- 2 Slices Deli Ham
- Coat one side of each piece of Bread with your Mayonnaise
- On the non-mayonnaise side of one piece place 2 slices of Cheese, your Spinach, and your Ham
- Put that into a stovetop pan (mayonnaise side down) and cook it on low heat for 2-3 minutes or until your cheese starts to melt
- Add your last slice of Cheese on top of your Ham and close it off with your other piece of Bread
- Flip your sandwich onto the other mayonnaise side and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes
- Calories: 304 (296 Net Calories)
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 504mg
- Carbs: 30g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 19g